Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
My experience: Hundreds of hours of recording experience (sixteen recordings in just the past two weeks), several years of voiceover training, over ten years of theater, film and television experience before that. I'm also a classically-trained soprano (although these days I'm probably more of a mezzo) and I can speak a little Korean. You can hear my demos and samples from some of my past projects here: http://www.voice123.com/melanieehrlich
What I'm looking for: Gigs doing voiceovers for websites, iPhone apps, video games, and other nerd (and non-nerd) stuff
What I'm NOT looking for: Those who want me to record their projects for $10 because "it's only a few lines" or "it'll take like five minutes"; people who don't understand the importance and value of a professional voice recording (if you don't understand and would LIKE to, however, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to talk to you about it.)
Where I live: Seoul, South Korea for the next few months; moving back to NYC in September
Where I'm looking: Anywhere. Really, anywhere. I have clients in several different countries.
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Honesty and kindness :3: Actually, yeah, that sums it up--just don't try to scam me and don't be a jerk :)
Can be reached via: PM, Email (MelanieAnnEhrlich at gmail dot com)

I thought this would be appropriate to post in here, seeing as there are so many software and website developers. As some of you might know if you follow the iPhone games thread in Games, I did voiceovers for some iPhone games, and it's something I find I really enjoyed. A lot of my current voiceover work is educational, and I'd like some variety, as well as to expand my goon client base. I've recorded for big companies like Japan Airlines and Johnson & Johnson, museum audio guides, textbooks, ESL materials, toys, games, and even the ending theme song for an RPG. Professional, high-quality recordings, quick turn-around, a sweet goon discount, and I'll do my absolute best to satisfy you.[/innuendo] I'll be happy to send you my resume, more samples, testimonials, etc. upon request. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have.

Also, I tend to get along really well with Korean people; for some reason they appreciate it when I stumble through a conversation in their language. I love Korean culture, so I suppose that helps too. So if you have any Korean clients, I could help you score some brownie points with them. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
JOB POSTING

I know it's a long shot to post this here of all places, but you miss 100% of the shots etc. etc. We're kind of looking for a unicorn and it'd be great if that unicorn happens to be from SA--I love working with goons, especially on games, and if I can give back to this dumb dead forum I love so much all the better. Posting this here now somewhat preemptively because while we find out for sure next week, we have a feeling our chances for securing this specific funding are pretty good. (Here's hoping!) And if you don't fit what we're looking for but know someone who might, feel free to pass the info along.

Anyway, that all in mind, here's our spiel:

Hi folks! I’m one of a currently two-person team, in the very early stages of pre-production creating the first game ever (to our knowledge) by and about Jewish women, and specifically those in the frum world. We are looking for a Jewish female programmer (C# knowledge considered a plus) for our team who would want to help make this a reality.

As there isn’t an active market for a concept like ours (yet), this is a grassroots effort so far, with both of us (and mentors volunteering to help us out!) working on this unpaid on our own time. While we are seeking out funding via grants and other methods, we would like to find someone who’d be interested in working on this with a similar energy and approach to ours, with genuine interest in the collaborative process, the project, and what it has the potential to do for various facets of the Jewish community.

If we are selected for the grant on which we’re currently focusing, we would be fully funded to develop a web-based prototype of the game over a three-month period from mid-April to mid-July, with a project showcase in August. If this particular grant doesn’t materialize we are looking into other sources of potential grant money. If none of THOSE materialize, well, we’ll figure something else out. The game was originally conceived for mobile and we’d likely want to publish on both iOS and Android, but this, along with many other specifics, is up for discussion with whomever we bring onto our team for this role.

Our ideal collaborator would be a Jewish woman who has experience, understanding, respect, and healthy criticism of both the secular and religious worlds, an appreciation of the irreverent, and a genuine interest in empowering other women and their voices through their work. They would also, like us, hopefully be excited about this as a launching point for other projects.

As such we’re happy to hear from those with limited “on paper” experience, and encourage both those with more professional experience and those newer to game development to reach out—as long as you can demonstrate proficiency, we are more focused on what you can do than what you have done.

If you are interested, please send your resume, a little about yourself including your relevant background and experience (both professionally and in the Jewish world), and if you have any specific rates or requirements to our email address: melodityproductions at gmail. You are also welcome to share this with anyone who may fit this description. Looking forward to hearing from you!