Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
You MIGHT want to check into retail jobs, just as a parachute ya know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Updated post

revmoo fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 24, 2011

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
zip

revmoo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 30, 2013

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Any companies you'd like to recommend for me to apply to in the region?

The thought of being able to run summer tires year-round is appealing...

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I will, it's relatively local, have family near there and it's a nice town.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Gearhead posted:

It also does not help that temp agencies have flooded the market either. You cannot do a search on a job board these days without getting 20 different temp agencies trying to get your resume. Most of these either don't exist or will gleefully accept whoever will take the lowest wage.

I was interviewing for a contract position the other day and found out the temp agency was taking a 50% cut.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

spaceship posted:

Whoa. What was the position?

Web development. They were going to charge the company $50 per hour and pay me $25.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Might be normal but it's sure as hell unethical and unsustainable.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Korgoth posted:

My company is mass hiring. It's basically break/fix work done remotely. Here's a blurb from the job offer:
"Are you the person people call when their computers malfunction? Do you fix their problems so fast and easily? Do you consider yourself really competent at fixing computers, synching printers and smart phones etc? And do you like working from home?"

Qualifications:
*Minimum of 1 to 2 years of related experience Job roles in customer service dealing with consumers
*Hardware / Software technical support
*Troubleshooting Windows XP, Vista and 7 Platforms to the registry level
*Home networks (wire and wireless) using multiple network technologies such as switches, routers, printer, etc...
*Networking technologies TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls
*Internet connectivity using cable, DSL, satellite, dial-up
*Consumer/business peripherals – printers, scanners, fax, MP3 players, digital cameras, cellphones, PDAs
*Internet security in areas of virus and spyware
*Courses in technology related fields and customer service. MSDST, A+, HDI Support Center Analyst or other relevant certification a plus (not required)

It's $13.50 an hour, 40 hours a week (some overtime available), benefits, and paid time off. It is 100% work from home and is available in many cities in the US and Canada. If you'd like to know a little more please contact me on yahoo "sdc_jamiewa", email me "jamiewa at gmail", or private message me here.

This is support.com. They 'hired' me over a year ago and I finally heard something about it like two weeks ago. I'd be careful with these guys. I have a few contacts on the inside and it's a legit company and you will get paid, but don't put too much stock in anything you hear and count your eggs once they hatch.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Any .NET goons around Louisville, KY hit me up with a pm. I'm constantly getting bothered about C# and or ASP jobs around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm getting tired of my current position and I'm looking for something new. Bullet points:

- Solid PHP developer (PHP5/Laravel/TDD/IOC/SOA/ETC)
- Great with JS. My last project was building an interactive map-based travel booking engine for [insert large travel conglomerate]
- Excellent with Linux systems administration, 10+ years experience. I've also done DevOps for a short stint and love it.

I'm looking for either a remote position (preferred), or something in Louisville, KY. PM me for more details.