Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Looking for a job, currently riding five months unemployed due to RIF.

Job Seeker

My experience: 20 years hands on with Linux, 19 years hands on with Cisco network gear in both local and international settings, 12 years VMware enterprise experience

What I'm looking for: Something in the systems administrator area, preferably with Linux and virtualization.

What I'm NOT looking for: Dealing with customers.

Where I live: Maryland, outside of DC. (Rockville)

Where I'm looking: Rockville, Bethesda, Columbia Maryland area. Will consider Northern Virginia if the job is right.

When can I start: pretty much right away

Requirements: full time position preferred, full benefits, or serious hourly wage if contract.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Looking to fill several positions at my company. We are in Northern Virginia right off of the Dulles Toll Road in Reston. It's a great company to work for and I've personally found it to be one of the best in my career. Pay is pretty good too, not gonna lie.

Positions open:

Senior Network Engineer
Junior to Mid Level Network Engineer
Two Mid Level Linux Engineers
Two NOC Support Engineers

We do have work from home as an option but not fully remote as we need to be in the office at least twice a week, but this is flexible for things like long commutes and child care.

Clearances helpful but not required.

If interested, send me your resume at jason at teletran-one dot net and I will get it in front of the right people.

Thanks!

Nulldevice fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 28, 2021

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

air- posted:

Remote ok for these?

We have two days on site, but it's flexible. We have strict covid policies if that's a concern.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

air- posted:

Right! Not looking to relocate to that area and would be up for talking more for fully remote positions - imo every job ad nowadays should also be up front with remote options and it's the first question I ask

Good point about the remote options. I'll edit my post.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal
What I'm looking for: Linux Engineering/Systems Administration or Engineering

What I'm not looking for: Call center, helpdesk, tech support, sales

Experience: 18 years Linux engineering and administration in the public and private sector from the mundane to very advanced systems. 20 years working with VMware and other hypervisor solutions, network engineering, have been everything from an engineer to a tech lead to a manager.

Where I'm located: Maryland (7 miles from DC)

Requirements: Full remote for health reasons. Will discuss if asked. It doesn't impact my ability to perform tasks.

Can be reached by: PM or email jason@damnlag.net