Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

hippieman posted:

What we want: We are at the top of the iPhone dev market right now. We get thrown a lot of contract work that we sadly have to turn down due to our programers being maxed out. We are looking for a person or team who we can send contract work to. We've had to turn down a lot of high profile work on Movie properties, large high profile apps and such. Finding a person or a team in NYC would be great, but it's not necessary. We have people who work with us all over the world. You have to be extremely self motivated and able to think on your own. We move extremely fast and need someone who can take initiative. You must know Obj-C, C++ and OpenGL. You must be available to work standard work hours (so anyone looking to pick up stuff on the weekends need not apply).
If I've developed iPhone apps but have no C++/OpenGL experience, would it be a waste of time to apply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take boat
Jul 8, 2006

nebby posted:

Just a friendly reminder, we are still hiring for this position:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=358616239&forumid=22

Shoot me a PM if you're a great engineer looking to work in midtown Manhattan on some cool stuff with smart people!
Do you have an email for those without PM?

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
Anyone know of openings for junior software developers in NYC? I'm currently working in a quantitative finance role, but would like to explore interesting technology jobs. I can be reached via email. Thanks :)

take boat
Jul 8, 2006

volkadav posted:

Before you made a leap like that though I would highly recommend you do a hell of a lot of research into what it's like to live in NYC. It's the most expensive city on the continent afaik, and if the job isn't making you crazy the cost of living might do so. I hate to give redundant advice, but I'd also hate for anyone to make the jump and end up getting screwed.
NYC is expensive, but I'd assume anyone coming from another country to do software development should be fine. If you have no savings and lose your job it'd be bad, granted. That might also pose immigration problems as well.