Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anaemic
Oct 27, 2004

I don't know what the laws are regarding hose pipe usage in America, but in England for almost all of the year I get away with having an electric timer sitting below my tap like this which simply opens a valve for five minutes once or twice a day to water the garden automatically.
I keep a section of regular garden hose running from it above my most delicate plants, and I've blocked the other end of the tube and simply punched a number of holes into it above the plant area using a thumb tack.
takes the daily hassle out of watering your potted plants and is very easily upgraded to have multiple pipes running all over your yard, which can even be dug in slightly below the surface in beds and is far cheaper than spending loads of on on fancy sprinklers for a small garden.

edit: first timer had terrible reviews

anaemic fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anaemic
Oct 27, 2004

ho mercy posted:

Upon closer investigation, it looks like what I thought were previously crystals were actually extremely tiny purple-colored nymphs of some sort of insect. Very odd, though hopefully that means it'll be easier to deal with.

Its Thrip season, at least in the UK.

anaemic
Oct 27, 2004

I was not even aware such a website existed :niggly:

Right now im half way through regrowing my lawn, the old one was bumpy and mossy and terrible, and currently its all dead but digging it over is proving to be a massive job, might have to rent some sort of machinery to do the job.

anaemic
Oct 27, 2004

I keep dandelions out of my garden with fire.
Every day when I'm doing my rounds in the garden, ill just flick out a lighter and set fire to any seed heads that I see, which keeps them pretty controlled. Plus its surprisingly pretty and soothing.

anaemic
Oct 27, 2004

My garden in London is experiencing its lowest snail and slug population for years.
I've still lost a lupin and had some sage damage, but in a normal year I can pick up any pot in the garden and you wont be able to see the terracotta for snails.