Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorquemada
Dec 22, 2001

Goddamn Textual Tyrannosaurus

kid sinister posted:

They also make direct burial CAT5...
Is that to tell the backhoes where to dig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorquemada
Dec 22, 2001

Smiling Jack posted:

Ohhh kay. I'll post a thread after closing, but I confirmed what the home inspector already told me:

Three GFCI outlets in the kitchen/bathroom. One of them is wired backwards. The other two are fine- at least they light up properly in the GCFI tester.

The three prong outlets in the rest of the house that have air conditioners plugged into them? Not grounded. At all. As expected.

The exposed electric cables I have been able to find in crawlspaces and whatnot are 1954 spec, whatever the hell it is they used back then.

That's right about the time the industry was transitioning to PVC outer sheathing for wires from cloth. Cloth insulated romex isn't as dangerous as it looks, but still, if you're doing rewiring work you may as well replace it.

Are the three GFCI outlets on the same circuit?

dorquemada
Dec 22, 2001

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm not sure. Here's a picture of the panel:
I'm thinking "appliance" might be the kitchen circut, not sure. This is what happens when a little old lady has her house rewired by a friend.
One way to find out: flip the breaker and see what works and what doesn't.