Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I just bought a house and have been doing some small renovations before we move in. I'm getting read to try my hand at doing some rewiring and running a couple new outlets in the house.

One of the things I'm wanting to do is rewire the switch for the recessed lights in the basement. The switch it all the way across the basement instead of at the bottom of the stairs. The main panel to the house is also located in the basement. I turned on the lights and went to the panel and started shutting off breakers one at a time. I flipped every single one and those lights never shut off. I thought I was losing my mind so I flipped off every breaker individually in the house and they still stayed on. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I have a 2 car attached garage that is unfinished, no drywall. 1/2 of the garage has a garage door opener, a light, and a duplex outlet. I want to build a work bench on the other side and run 2 duplex outlets to it, an overhead light and a garage door opener.

Do I need to add a new circuit? Do I need to run my wiring in conduit?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

No conduit just exposed Romex. Thank you.