Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Anyone familiar with Akrapovic exhausts know if those plastic looking tips on the cans can be replaced?
A coworker slammed into my bike this morning and the only damage to it is a crack on this lovely, plasticky poo poo. I'll take pictures when I wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yeah basically exactly this. I'll keep it (and Revzilla) bookmarked for when I feel like next pouring a few dollars into my vehicles.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
gently caress a sport bike forever and get a DRZ400. Slap some case savers on the side and it will outlive your grandkids.

Lmao @ buying plastics, especially for an increasingly rare and outclassed 80s / 90s rocket, when you can bounce a DRZ off a tree and it will increase in value.

Revvik fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 14, 2017

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

They are mediocre bikes that excel at nothing except being an excellent learner bike.

The DRZ excels at nothing but is fairly good at everything except killing try hards because they're too busy buying whatever -R's they can afford to run on the street and then crash and lament the deadliness of the bike life. I wish I had bought one sooner.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Best thing is that you're walking away from that. It's just a DR650, even if it was your DR650. Hell, it's almost cheap DR650 season if that's any consolation.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
It almost sounds like tires squealing too, which again would be the front looking at how it went down.
If you're sleep deprived or chronically tired, you're basically drunk. Same effect (I ride all the time, even if I'm working daily 16 hour shifts). Going to be hard to evaluate why you crashed because of that, but at least you're ok and bonus your bike took the hit really well!

How bad is your shoulder? What has to be done with that? Holy poo poo follow through with your physical therapy if you did any kind of damage. I was kind of lax with mine and I already just kind of feel generally in pain 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
No poo poo, it’s kind of poor form to blame the individual American consumer for how hosed our health care is.

• Locked thread