Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Bike: 1987 Ninja 750R (my first motorcycle)

Situation: I was driving along a 2-lane street in the city, at night, made eye contact with a girl stopped at a stop sign. She jumped out in front of me, I'm not sure if she was trying to beat me, or didn't see me, or was drunk or what. I hit her Firebird in the rear quarter panel between the rear wheel and the door. Thankfully it was a convertible and I flipped over the car and bounced/slid quite a ways down the road, and came to rest up a curb and into the grass.

Damage report:

Click here for the full 1152x864 image.

Not too much damage to the jacket, put a few holes in my gloves and jeans. I was very, very sore laying on the couch for the next couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

God

loving

Dammit

doing some curves at 40mph, not sure if I fixated on a roadsign or what, went off the road, said to myself "okay, just ride it through the grass until I slow down"

Then I jumped down into this 8 foot drainage ditch. Helmet busted the windshield off, hit the right side of the ditch and tore up my leg/plastic. My body hitting the gas tank knocked the loving wind out of me. Never fell off the bike.

Also I hit some fresh tar with my my car.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

What's the best place for replacement plastics? I see fairly cheap side/front fairings from Hotbodies in the Dennis Kirk catalog. Throw in a windshield, new right side headlight, and turn signals and I should be back in business, right?

Also, why won't this thing start?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Z3n posted:

Personally, I'd recommend an eBay set of fairings. They won't be oem quality but they're pretty drat good for the price. Either that or eBay the replacement fairings you need.

And yeah the tipover sensor triggered. That's why it won't start.

Stuck a wire in the tipover sensor, fuel pump came on. I could ride it around but the front tire is flat. There's a hole in the front tire, I wonder if it was going low and that's why the bike didn't want to turn?

Going back to the crash site to see if I can find the other parts. Mirrors and stuff. Hope nobody picked them up, but it's a deep ditch and it's in the middle of nowhere.

Cleaned the bike up and it looks alright. I'll have to get new pictures when I get home.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

Cleaned the bike up and it looks alright. I'll have to get new pictures when I get home.

Looks like my tailsection is bent to the left a little bit, what's up with that?

Found all the parts. Here's the final resting spot of the bike.

Here's where I dropped in, then continued to ride about 75 feet. There's a huge mud rut now.

Pass with care!

• Locked thread