Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadbeet
Sep 27, 2006
I was banned, and lo I have risen again
Well it was a shiny bike for a few months anyway....

Approaching an intersection in the rain I hit some "left turn only" lane paint and the front end disappeared before I knew what was happening. It turns out I can do a very acrobatic flip over the handlebars.

I'm fine, I don't think I even hit my helmet. None of my gear appears to have any damage. The bike... well not so much. Looks like the handlebar is bent pretty badly, the shifter popped off like a champagne cork, the clutch pull snapped off in my hand, the turn signal on the left is smashed, and the headlight/fork assembly looks seriously jacked up. Here's some pictures:

Something is not quite right.....

I don't think the mirror hangs down like that usually, but I could be wrong.

Looks like the ignition assembly caught some of the damage, it's all bent back behind the fork:

Something seems to be missing:

Looking a little wonk-eyed:

All in all it doesn't look too bad for my first wreck in 7 years, and I'm glad I'm okay. I was surprised nobody even stopped to see if I was alright as I rolled around like a turtle on his back trying to untangle myself from the handlebars. The guy behind me even changed lanes and revved his engine as he passed me as if to chastise me for slowing down traffic.

I'm assumming I'm going to need new handlebars, controls perhaps since they seem to be moving pretty freely, a new shifter, and new clutch pull and front brake lever (original pretty badly bent). The headlight assembly is pretty messed up, and the speedo seems to be bent, although that could be the handlebars. My shop is closed on Mondays, so I'm going to drop it off tomorrow and see what the damage is. Right about now is where I'm wishing I had a lower deductible than $500, but whatchagonnado...

Lessons learned? Avoid paint in the rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread