Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot
drat me, if I ever learn to understand the US medical system. Where I live all is financed by tax payments. No, I'm not a communist, but health is nothing to joke about. It's priorities, I know, but health care should overrule military and space endeavors any day.

Best of wishes to your dad.

/Derail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

You're a loving champ for posting this. I hope new riders will take a lesson of your pictures and start to use gear. Thumb of rule is that your first bike and your first gear should be a 50/50 split cost wise. Helmets and leather is loving important. I'm glad you got out of it without the beating your helmet took.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot
N/M

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Extremity posted:

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I love riding and would love to continue but I feel like this happening within about a week of purchasing the bike might be a sign that I should stick to cars.

Yes, because it makes sense to kill innocent pedestrians instead of yourself.

You hosed up on a bike, yes. That doesn't automatically make cars a safer choice for humanity. Listen to Zen and buy a bike with a displacement you're able to control.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

If you grow a slightly larger eye-mustache your forehead will be immune to impact next time you crash. Too bad about the bike though ;(

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Do you have a x-ray of this? A bit off-topic, but it looks like a knee cap fracture to me.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

phishnut posted:

No, it might look like it due to perspective and cropping or whatever, but that's not my kneecap... It's the outside of my right thigh wrapping around to the back and it's pretty huge. I'm really glad that I didn't come down on my hip and joint, which are right above it.

Ahh. I'm a tad slow. I see it now. Still, you should seek medical attention. You've got a nasty internal bleeding from God-knows-what. Probably ok by now, but get it checked.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

phishnut posted:

Hmmm... You could be right. I have been showing it to my brother, a nurse, and he hasn't seemed too concerned, but now I've googled around and you've made me worried. :)

It does look better today than it did in that Saturday pic, though.

Your nurse brother is not an orthopedic doctor. He also probably hates you for some unknown reason. Get it checked.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot
gently caress, that's harsh. Poor bikes ;(

I've always told people that only American vehicles explodes and burns on impact, and only in movies. Guess I was wrong about the movie part.

Hope both your hand and your mate recovers fully. loving drat blaze of bad luck.
Never ride together again (fat chance) ;)

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

2ndclasscitizen posted:

The other guy he was riding with didn't see what happened?

There's typically no initial symptoms at all when an intracranial hemorrhage happens. It goes really fast. That would be my bet. The Gods provided us with lovely blood-to-brain feeding pipes.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I was referring to the inital falling off; i.e, did he just keel over and lose it, or if he hit something, came off and clonked his head then?

I can't answer for that, since I've only got the information you've got provided by MrZig. All evidence however points to intracranial hemorrhage. If you take a serious crash while being conscious, you will almost always break at least one os scaphoideum. I didn't see that listed on the injury-table.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

That's not even close to a crash. That's a picture of a pretty controlled "putting your horse to rest"-situation. You've got no right to post in this thread.

(glad you're ok) ;)

Blaster of Justice fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 12, 2010

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Repaired a broken tab with Z3n's recommended Plastex, but I am still left with this new vent:

Stabilize your new vent with a glass fiber repair kit on the back, then fill it with blue Loctite Plastic Padding from the front. Sand it smooth ending with grit 1000 paper and place a huge Castrol or Quarker State sticker on top of the, now closed, vent. That always looks cool, and only real experts like you and me will have a clue about what really happened ;)

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Primo Itch posted:

If your current boots cover your ankle they will do a nice job protecting your foots 95% of the time.

You should tell that lie to the gear axle of my low-sided RD350 that pierced by boot and hooked my leg before it dragged me a fistful of yards. I'm pretty sure my softskin Diadora racing boots could have been successfully replaced by some somewhat more sturdy boots at that time.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Tsaven Nava posted:

Just a quick post, I'll do a more detailed write-up later when the girlfriend isn't pawing at me to come to bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSov_3QFR6o

Lowsided it on drat pavement at Autobahn on Saturday. I'm fine, not even a scratch or bruise. Bike is in AMAZINGLY good shape. Badly bent handlebars (will need to be replaced), bent rear brake lever and passenger foot-peg, smashed plastic heat shield on the exhaust. Other then that it's almost without a scratch :iiam:

I loving hate the sound of a bike sliding over pavement. Your crash is now the alarm clock tone on my phone. That'll teach me to get up in the morning without using snooze. Thanks man.

Glad you're ok.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

needknees posted:

You want a tankslapper? I got your tankslapper right here. Shouldn't really go in the crash thread since, well, I didn't. But I thought I might die so it's ok!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHtChodNk0

Did you figure out what caused that wobble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

needknees posted:

in short

Too much rider input
literbike POWAHHHHHHH, shifting
nasty bumps.

All at the same time lead to

'YERRRRRRR OUT! MOTHERFUCKIN TANKSLAPPER OF DOOM.

I asked because I didn't see any driver caused action that could have caused this fuckload of wobble in the video. My bet is badly worn swing arm bushings, a slightly bend frame or hosed fork bearings. Most likely swing arm bushings.

You should have full throttled it to control that wobble, but other than that, you didn't do anything wrong.

• Locked thread