Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm in a bit of situation and was wondering what my course of action should be.

Accident: Yesterday, while I was working inside a grocery store, someone had backed into my motorcycle knocking it over. A witness said this person got out of his truck, stood my bike back up, snapped my left turn signal back on, talked to one of the baggers getting carts then got in his truck and drove off.

Few minutes later while I was still unaware of what's going on, the witness called the cops, gave them all the information such as the person's description, truck details, and everything mentioned above.

Not too many people ride a motorcycle compared to people riding other vehicles so they found out it was my motorcycle and called me up front then outside to fill out a report for the cops as me being a victim of a hit and run. When the information was taken I went back into the store and continued working.

Talked to several other employees because they were curious why little ol' me was talking to police officers. One of them was the fat stupid bagger that the suspect talked to and who didn't bother telling anybody it was ANOTHER EMPLOYEE that backed up into my motorcycle.

So throughout the whole night I was worried about the police department taking time to find the 'suspect' who did a hit and run on my parked motorcycle.

Today, while I was working the suspect, the employee, confessed. I'm pretty sure he confessed after the fat bagger mentioned what was going to happen to the suspect (which was the police finding him after tracking his license). I believe the suspect confessed because he knew he wasn't going to get away with it because he didn't realize another witness took down all the information to the finest details.

The damage to my motorcycle is minor as it is still rideable with a few scratch marks and a bent mirror, kickstand, clutch.

So should I go ahead and allow police to give him a ticket for the hit and run (and then confessing)? or tell officers to back off and just let Progressive (both his and my insurance holders) take care of the situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Yesterday I just now got my motorcycle back from the shop after someone hit my bike, knocked it over, then he drove off (as mentioned on the previous page).

I just wanted to mention newer riders if something simple happens to your bike, like scratched fairings and bent kickstands and clutches, be prepared to wait nearly a month for your bike.

I was planning on selling my car, but now I'm going to keep it for emergency uses when someone messes up my bike.

Apparently it takes more time for motorcycle shops to order in parts they need and more often gently caress up the order by ordering the wrong stuff!!

My bike fix should have been 2 weeks, but it took a tad over 3 weeks for wrong part order. Would have been longer because they ordered another wrong part (the left muffler), but since the muffler was still usable they called and said I can have the bike back and would call me when the part is in.

• Locked thread