Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Not wearing gloves fucks with my muscle memory, so I'm probably more likely to fall when I'm not wearing gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I've never actually looked up the specs for the ZX-14, but it does a 9 second quarter mile, with 208 hp and 113 ft-lb of torque. That's slightly over double the torque of a Daytona 675, riding a ZX-14 sounds terrifying.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I scratched my car with my passenger foot peg the other day, also kind of a crash. I have to back my bike down my driveway every time I take it out, I guess I flew too close to the sun that day. (bike gets the garage, the cars have to stay outside)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm surprised to hear that Q3s are known to be fickle, they're one of the most popular tires on the forum for my bike. I switched from the stock Diablo Supercorsas to Q3s because I didn't want to die in the rain, and I've never felt any weirdness from them. I also run higher pressures because I spend 50% of my time with a passenger. Rode them in a decent rain recently and also had no problems. I don't track my bike and I ride the canyons at a decent speed but nowhere near the limit of the bike, so that may be why I haven't noticed anything.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Did you think the A* mesh pants were helpful? I was thinking of them, but someone else on here crashed a while ago and it seemed like they didn't do poo poo.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

No one else stopped and gave you their info?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I have a frequent left turn that's sketchy even in a car because no one thinks you're going to stop and turn there, I just hang out as close to the left edge as possible. The oncoming cars seem to see me better than the ones coming from behind anyway. Also, I never go into neutral unless the car behind me at a light has stopped.

You can make the argument you're less visible by hanging out on the far edge of the lane, but I assume I'm invisible either way and at least that way I'm less likely to be rear ended.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Interesting brake pedal setup, no wonder you had a problem emergency stopping the other day. I'd recommend trying a more traditional approach and seeing if that works better for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Edit - road without gloves yesterday and I was distracted by all those stories of only wrecking the one time gear is discarded. Kinda Self fulfilling, yeah?

It really does make me more awkward at riding just because I'm less confident and it feels off to not have gear on. Also, even if I'm completely squidding it up, I have to have gloves on because the muscle memory is off without them.

• Locked thread