Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wrote off my TT600 4 weeks ago. Went around a tight right hand bend, and had the wonderful image of a BMW overtaking a tractor on double white lines. Uk Goons will know that double whites are only on the road when its full of blind turns so overtaking is illegal and will often cost you your licence.

I swerved, smashed straight into a hedge at about 40mph and just bounced down the road. BMW slams on his brakes and spins right into the tractor, writes that off too.

Full gear, walked away with a broken finger, bruising and a hefty payday from the BMW owners insurance and a court date since he'd apparently overtaken a row of 15 cars before getting to the tractor.

06 RSVR on its way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The one time I had a lowside in busy traffic 5 people stopped and before I knew it they had the bike up on its side stand and me sat on a wall out of the road. They were awesome.

I cant stand people that dont stop to help people.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Call Fed-ex, tell them one of their van drivers backed into you and you think they gave you bogus info. If you tell them the time and the area, they're bound to be able to work out which van it was even if you have incomplete licence plate numbers etc.

• Locked thread