Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Coydog posted:

The WORST kind of crash. Wear a face covering helmet and not only save a life. Save an ego.

Beach, that's what first bikes are for.

I never dropped my first bike. But you're making me nervous about my brand new FZ-07!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

How do you guys feel about the over-the-pants knee / shin guard things? It looks like they're mostly for dirt use though?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Well I only wear jeans right now, even on the interstate and stuff. I would totally be down with some knee guards if they are a valid option

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Is doing a stoppie always a sign that you're braking incorrectly? I did one on PCH in Malibu the other day. not on purpose

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Get a CB-1

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Sometimes I hit people's mirrors with my mirrors while lanesplitting if I forget to fold them in

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Chichevache posted:

That's a crash.

I'm pretty good about it now but when I first moved to Cali it happened a lot lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Why on earth would you fold them in when you can just hit them and not give a gently caress?

other LA commuters are my neighbors for the most part so I try to be polite

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I had a lady yell at my for riding a bicycle from her CRV because her sister died on a bicycle or something. This was after she had tried to unsuccessfully pass me on a downhill double line, wherein I was already traveling the speed limit.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

That's what u get for not lanesplitting

hope the fz is ok

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Yo ride in south Knox it's chill and fun and the roads are nice

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Sounds nice, gonna have to try that.

Here are some roads that would be great on a Grom in south knox:

Martin Mill Pike
Tipton Station
Neubert Springs
Burnett Creek
Kimberlin Heights
Sevierville pike

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

that looks like something I would make in Cities: Skylines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

So like, america and freedom and all, but what the gently caress are you doing riding a motorcycle if you don't have any worthwhile medical insurance.

lol go to denver, bandanas count as helmets and ripped sleeve denim vests are the most safety gear you will ever see. i'm going to extrapolate this and say people ride like this throughout most of the US

nsaP posted:

I have Obamacare so I never leave the house.

Nah tho, if I get in a bad accident where I rack up a lot of medical bills my long term plan is to not pay them.

this is actually a good option if you don't have insurance and hospitals will take this into account and change your fees or just forgive them. based purely on personal experience

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 21, 2017

• Locked thread