Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007
I learned two things on my way to work yesterday:

1. I hate squirrels.
2. Frame sliders are the best investment ever.

I was on my way to work when a kamikaze squirrel jumped out in front of me and my svs650k7. I slowed down to roughly 20mph while the squirrel posted up and stared me down. I began to swerve around him when he dashed under my front tire. I either panicked and locked the front mid swerve or slid out due to the furry/squishy bump in the road or some combination of the two.

Anyway, next thing I know, I am sliding on the ground watching my bike slide next to me. It was an awful sight paired with the wretched sound of metal on concrete. I jumped up and pulled my bike out of the road. I was surprised that the horrible scrapping noises didn’t birth more damage. My rear brake took the worst of it and bent back a little, the upper corner of my fairing near the headlight was slightly rashed, the can had a little rash, and the frameslider was worn away a bit.

As for me, I was wearing a full face, a* jacket, a* sp2 gloves, jeans, and some jump boots. My gear made out pretty good as well. The jacket has a slight scuff on the upper arm. The gloves took the brunt of it and I am glad I had them on. The carbon knuckles of my right ring finger and pinky went from being convex to concave and had some serious rash.

Lesson learned: gently caress swerving around a squirrel. I’m keeping my line next time because either way, you still have to hose off bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread