Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Methusulah posted:

The aftermath is a horribly bent clutch lever, and a slightly bent shifter, with plenty of scrapes to go along with it.

The bike starts ok, but with the clutch being hosed up I don't really want to ride it. I pushed it home, and it seems to shift ok. The clutch doesn't quite have the pull it did and feels like it shifts roughly. Being bent, i'm guessing it just doesn't move as far as it should.

I had a hosed up clutch lever for a while on my ninja and here is what i learned.
1. Adjust the clutch cable to make up for room you may have lost or gained from the low side. I was having terrrrriiibbllee issues with my bike and it pretty much was fixed by tightening the cable...

2. It is totally possible to ride with a bent clutch. I had to reach a little further, and pull a little harder... and riding after going rock climbing was very painful. But it is possible.

3. Replacing the lever is easy and cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread