Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)

Nilbog Resident posted:

first and only "crash" was last year. it was my first time getting on a bike, actually. imagine that!

i had just purchased a honda vtx 1300cc cruiser. i know it's huge for a starter, but i figured if i learn on a beast i can ride anything; and i figured i needed something powerful to travel on without fear of burning out the engine (and i'm like 250 lbs anyway, so it balances nicely).

Dude, I'm 5'10, 245lb, and my 600cc Shadow VLX will haul my rear end to 80 with no problems whatsoever. I took my Class M test on a Harley Wide Glide that is like 1700cc (my Dad's) and it still to this day scares the poo poo out of me. I'm so glad I didn't pre-order the VMAX that I had planned on buying. CA's advice is GOLD. Then again, I guess I'm "preaching to the converted" huh?

in_absentia fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread