Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Rnr posted:

Just want to be sure I understand the gist of it: your dad got injured due to no fault of his own and now owes a hospital $200.000?

Thank god I live in Australia where you can't register a vehicle without paying for the insurance that will cover your victims medical costs in the event you hurt someone, and if someone does hit you with an unregistered vehicle that doesn't have that insurance, then the goverment will pay the majority of it anyway.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

giundy posted:

That guy has some great videos. This guy didn't fair so well, his shoes have a special 'break-away' mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgKoXzbw13E&feature=related

I wonder how many time that guardrail has had to be repaired/replaced.....

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I hit a dog with my foot at 70km/h about 20 minutes and my dririder touring boots didn't soften the blow much.

Pitch black coming home from work at 2am, just about to get back into town when I see a white dog, so I slow right down and let it go about it's business, then I twist the throttle and all of a sudden smash my foot into something that lets out a giant yelp.

The dog seemed fine, probably going to have a bit of a headache though, but my foot loving aches.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

ReelBigLizard posted:

Ugh, that's loving horrific.

Big vehicles give me the shits sometimes. Some months back I (fortuitously) hesitated at a junction one morning and a dumptruck breezed through at the speed limit, close enough for me to see the whites in the glazed eyes of the driver.

As a motorcycle rider, I call myself extra lucky that I got a HC Lisence (Heavy Combination in Australia, basically being able to drive things like this) before I got my motorcycle license.

After driving a B-Double for a even the 6 months that I did, I can predict what they'll do 90% of the time which helps avoid accidents ALOT because as a B-Double driver I know that they're going to take the slimmest of openings possible to save waiting, and hence falling behind schedule, at any chance they can.

• Locked thread