Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

teknicolor posted:

Kind of related, but I high-sided on a bicycle once and some dude in a passing car actually LAUGHED at me before driving away. One person asked if I was ok but didn't get out of their car.

That was years ago and I still have the scar on my knee. I am clumsy. :/

I remember being a little kid in the back of our car stopped in a long line of traffic. We were on a downhill road and there was a cyclist coming down the right side of the stopped cars at probably 30km/h, when some moron decided to open the passenger door and get out (not a stopping place!). I heard a kind of thump/crack sound followed by this "HUUAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO" sound like a guy getting punched in the gut really hard; looked back and saw his bike bouncing down the road. About 10 seconds later traffic started moving again, and all the cars drove by leaving the guy quite literally moaning and choking on the side of the road. I'm not even sure if the car he hit stayed around.

And because I know this isn't the "I saw a bad crash" thread, I've definitely hammered myself on my bicycle before (don't have a motorbike...and this thread is making me want one less and less...)

Once I rode directly into a temporary road sign with a cement base; someone yelled at me, I looked, and smacked the front wheel into the base. Tacoed the wheel and caught my balls on the stem. I wasn't able to ride my bike the rest of that day, just sort of limped to class and passed out in my seat. Luckily there wasn't any permanent damage.

I've also pulled the front brake too hard on a downhill and sent myself right over the bars. This actually resulted in my arm being run over by my own bicycle. Embarrassing.

And I have several times been in nearly the same situation as the guy I mentioned above; people just don't look before they open their doors. I've actually been yelled at for thumping someone's hood in anger (no damage) after they flung their door open and forced me to swerve in an uncontrolled manner into faster traffic.

Honestly I think at least 50% of the drivers out there shouldn't be on the road. 4-wheelers are definitely the most common problem but I'm always amazed at the utter shittiness of some people. I was once passed by a man on an R6 (or similar) cruising down the freeway at 80mph. He was sitting upright, with his head down; his left hand was on his hip and his right on his cell phone, sending a text message.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread