Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets

Chairon posted:

Ride 2 die? Pretty much a collection of crash photos?

DON'T loving GO HERE IF YOU'RE SQUEMISH. PEOPLE MISSING ARMS, DEFLATED HEADS, ETC SHALL FOLLOW.

:nms: :nws: http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm :nws: :nms:

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck... why did you show me that. shouldnt have looked. saving up for my first bike

E: I think for every 10 or so awful bike pictures and stories in this thread, there should be one good statistic to make us all feel better. Especially aspiring new riders :)

We get awesome mileage for the most part. So when we die well die with a thick wad of extra cash in out back pockets.

philkop fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 31, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets
Makes me feel a lot better. I would never think to drink and drive, hell i already hate driving my scooter hung over. And yeah actually, I'm very irresponsible with maintenance. But once I save for a new bike I'll keep on that. Oh and not the appropriate thread, but z3n you suggested I should get a beater bike to get some practice on so I don't damage a nice sv650. Solution... http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/1336480756.html

:)

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Z3n posted:

if you've decided on an SV.

Trust me, I been decided for quite some time. I actually remember thew first time I saw one. I had never been a fan of sportsbike looking bikes, was into the cafes and stuff. (nothing against sports bikes, a few look amazing, most to me are just meh)

I was walking out of albertsons with a friend when I saw it and I actually said aloud "Holy poo poo.. what is that :O" Turned out to be a silver sv650 with only the head fairing. Pointy too no less. Wanted one ever since.

Figure I'll add some thread related content. Searched a few pages didn't see this. I bit more lighthearted than most of this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlYymSFq5L4
Aha, funny to see someone whos trying to show off get whats coming to them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxbHyEIkgdU
Come on everyone knows you gotta burn off some of the rubber of them new tires. Even I knew that :doh:

E: Crash report: It was a sunday afternoon. Was visiting my girlfriend that day, she lives in one of the aparment complexes with the really black paved roads. I'm sure some of you know EXACTLY what I mean. The real slick stuff. I had rode there on my scooter a couple times before, only to be grilled by her harley riding neighbor. It had been raining that day but was sunny now. I decided today I was gonna be a man. as I speed up to well over the suggested 5 miles ( I might have been doing 7! :O ) I attempted to round the sharp corner in a smug manner as i gave him a smart rear end nod and a thumbs up. I rounded the corner just fine, it was all over, I had won. But the backside of my scoot decided it wasnt finished turning yet. So I did almost a 360 before falling on my rear end and bashfully picking up my scooter and walking to my girls house in front of the neighbor and a few of his harley riding friends with huge smiles on their faces.

Thankfully this is the extent of my accident experience.

philkop fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 1, 2009

• Locked thread