Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
Came off last Wednesday morning on the way to work. At an intersection and the light turns green to go slightly right, so I go ahead at what I'd consider a normal rate of acceleration on a bike (faster than the cars, but not in any way gunning). I get halfway through the intersection and I see this car either stopped or going very slowly looking to turn left in front of me. I'm thinking no way is this idiot going to try and pull this off, but I'm consciouslu covering my brake (I do this with my middle finger all the time anyway). So of course they pull out in front of me and they do it loving slowly to boot. I'm on the horn and starting to brake, but I've misjudged how slow they're going and have to pull harder to avoid rear ending them. That's when the bike snaps out from underneath and I hit the road. The person who has pulled out then continues on their merry way, either completely oblivious because they didn't even look to see what was coming, or willingly leaving the scene of an accident. Long story short, people behind me stopped and helped me up and get my bike off the road.

I was wearing full gear at the time: helmet, gloves, textile jacket, kevlar jeans and proper boots. I hurt my ankle pretty bad, but it's not broken, otherwise only some general soreness and friction burns on my knee from the lining of my jeans. There's a gouge out of my sexy Yoshimura can and my rear rim, miscellaneous scratches elsewhere that I don't really care about riding a motard.

I think there's two things that directly lead to me coming down (other than the fucker pulling out): 1) It was a cold morning and I'd only been riding for less than 5 minutes and I know from track experience the alpha 13s need heat to work well 2) I have a near rear with less than 100kms on it that still isn't scrubbed in fully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

Haha yes, someone getting injured in an accident that wasn't their fault, verr funny.

For my next joke I'll tell you how funny it is when the motorcyclist is actually killed.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

She didn't see you because she didn't look.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

Should've just replied "As someone who is not capable of driving their vehicle to the basic rules of the road, have you considered giving up driving so you're not responsible for someone else's death?"

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

If your kevlar jeans aren't for riding to/from work, around town etc. what are they for then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

I dunno about where you live, but here there's a separate Accident Towing Authority that are the only people legally allowed to tow a vehicle from the scene of an accident. I didn't realise this when I called the RAA (Australian AAA equivalent), who I have a membership with and access to free towing, and they forwarded me on to the authority not telling me it would cost $400 for the tow when it got there.

• Locked thread