Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
Man, I have nothing to say about your everyone's-done-it "drop," but I *am* jealous of your bike-righting skills (or muscle). The two times I've had to stand my bike up were a huff and wheeze spectacular. And it's a lightish 250.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
It's raining pretty regular in Sydney today so I'm wearing my rain sausage (http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/images/298_A0118907_large.jpg) over my armor. I got off my bike just now and immediately slipped over onto my arse. Didn't feel a thing. Remember dudes, AGATT. :smugdog:

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Pham Nuwen posted:

Are we not men?

(We are DEVO)

Like I said: :smugdog:

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
Meanwhile, in darkest Australia:

"Rider killed on motorcycle without lights was riding with torch in mouth"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-15/two-dead-after-motorcycle-crash/5157520

Proud to be home.

:australia:

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Slavvy posted:

Stuart Lennard is either the greatest saint Australia has ever known, or he's secretly glad these dumb cunts have removed themselves from the gene pool, and trying to damage control things because it happened to happen in his state.

I struggle to imagine how anyone who knows anything about riding bikes can think of this as a 'tragedy' as opposed to being relieved no bystanders were killed or hurt.

We're talking about a country with a former Prime Minister famous for being able to drink a pint of beer in under 6 seconds. I think Lennard might be sincere. We may have lost a couple of future heads of state there.

For those not familiar with Australian politics: this guy used to run the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU

Quoth wikipedia:

wikipedia article on Bob Hawke posted:

His academic achievements were complemented by setting a new world speed record for beer drinking; he downed 2 1⁄2 imperial pints (1.4 l) - equivalent to a yard of ale - from a sconce pot in 11 seconds as part of a college penalty.[13][14] In his memoirs, Hawke suggested that this single feat may have contributed to his political success more than any other, by endearing him to a voting population with a strong beer culture

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Chichevache posted:

I gave myself a quick once over and finished my ride home. I really just wanted to get in the shower and start scrubbing out my rash.

Didn't want to mortgage the house for an ambulance after wiping out at highway speed, hey? Lol America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Frosty- posted:

Unless the puddle of blood you're lying in is extremely large, refuse ambulance transportation, as well as any form of hospitalization, or clinic attention. At no point since my crash has a medical person done anything other than look at me and tell me I'll be fine, that'll be $600, please.

:911::911::911:

Never gets old.

• Locked thread