Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's the right way to deal with it.

"I hit you because I made a bad driving decision, so you should give up motorcycling because it's unsafe."

- a thing an actual adult says to their crash victim. :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Z3n posted:

Any damage to your nuts?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah my next purchase is going to be a camera.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ow ow ow also

Chichevache posted:

Police work is definitely right up my alley. I was scared for my life and the first thing I did was hit the black.

:laffo:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Your bike is telling you it doesn't want those ugly rear end tumors grafted on it. It gave you a warning tap and then you went and ignored it and got what you deserved. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Another set of gear down the shitter as well or did you get away with it?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Trambopaline posted:

slightly off topic but is it just the crashability that makes enduros so newbie friendly? I bought one mostly because I thought i'd hit fire roads with it but are there other aspects of riding dualsports that are particularly instructive? I ask because i've never really ridden on anything other than single cylinder 250cc dual sports.

Light, narrow, simple, not excessively powered and confidence inspiring. A 250 Ninja has all those qualities too, except when you drop them they gently caress up a bunch of plastics. DRZ, not so much. The only thing I'd say against a DRZ is that they can be intimidating for shorter riders/people who need to feel both feet down at a stop when they first start riding.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MonkeyHate posted:

Got in my second wreck of the summer. Met my wife at the grocery store and parked my bike up against her car's back bumper because the lot was full. We did our shopping, then loaded kids and groceries into the car. I said "Bye! Love you! Don't run over me! haha!" She said "haha". Then I put on my helmet, climbed onto the bike and she ran over me.

Ok maybe not "run over" but she hit me with enough force to bend the kickstand and press it deep into the asphalt.

You might wanna get your kids to taste test all your food.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm phone posting so I could only see the video on a tiny screen without audio so take it with a grain of salt:

The violent maneuver with the bars just before you went down: was that you doing it on purpose, upsetting the bike and causing the crash or was it a reaction to something else and already part of the accident?

Alternatively: Mechanical failure of some kind? Bearing seized?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pothole with one hand on the left bar janked the front wheel weird and dumped you off cause you didn't have two hands to absorb the shock properly?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I've watched it again with sound and on a proper screen and yeah tend to agree with others in that you got a little off balance going one handed, and then accidentally grabbed a bit of front brake when you suddenly put your right hand back on the bars and ate poo poo for your trouble.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Frosty- posted:

Isn't it bizarre that I'd even end up unbalanced?

Not really. You said you were fiddling with your right pocket just before the accident which could mean your weight was shifted which might be why you drifted a little to the right in the first place, then grabbed the brake while off balance and boom.

quote:

Something I've learned from this is the importance of wearing gear that fits. My helmet and my gloves worked perfectly. My jacket did very little, and I know it's because I bought it when I was 303 pounds and kept wearing it at 215. If I hadn't been lazy or cheap or whatever, and wore a jacket that fit properly, I might not have had such a severe shoulder injury. Same for my shoes. I wasn't wearing my boots because I didn't want to scratch the bike. :downs:

Maybe, maybe not. The jacket is good for reducing the risk of road rash but no amount of body armor is going to save you if you bodyslam the pavement like that. You should still deffo wear stuff that fits though because if it rides up during a slide and exposes skin then well...

Also wear your boots dickhead.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jack B Nimble posted:

I have that exact thing with my shoulder from a car crash when I was a kid and I am the only person who has ever noticed. I've never once had a woman recite entire scenes from the hunchback of Notre dame to me, you'll be fine :)

I'm going to find the women in your life and make this happen now. It has to be done.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Coydog posted:

Ooh!! Ooh! Do me! I broke my clavicle once could you do this? You will have to find some women for my life first, though.

I may live the pimp lifestyle, but I'm not in fact a pimp so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sounds like you had your mind on anything except what you were doing. Lucky you didn't get hurt.

• Locked thread