Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Here's the thread in all it's glory.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2984973&userid=0&perpage=30&highlight=&pagenumber=1

The helmet had a few scuffs on the side and front, from what I could piece together after the EMTs cut them off, the JR Meteor 4 Jacket and JR Ballistic pants were scuffed up much less than you'd think from the extent of the injuries. The left JR glove was full of blood but little in the way of scuffing. I'm still wearing the Hein Gericke boots, they have a little bit of scuffing but nothing bad.

It's been five and a half months, they took out screws in the tibia around xmas, I'm walking with a limp and the wallet's a few thousand dollars lighter after all the bills.

Still waiting to fix the KLR, it still runs.
F-- Do not recommend wrecking for fun or profit.

On the bright side.
The Dr. said everything looked great on the latest x-rays and took weight restrictions off.
The therapy people were great, they kept pushing me until they ran out of things and had to make up stuff that kind of resembled my work, I'm done with that now. I can one-leg press about 80 or 90 lbs, but a 15 lb leg extension still loving hurts the knee where the cut and added hardware. I'm doing deadlifts, arm curls, tri extensions, dumbbell military presses and benching again and it feels awesome.
I set off a metal detector when I went to pay the fine. Once when going through, then again when walking past it.

To top it off I'm riding from Ohio to Arizona on the EX-500 to see the parents this weekend over the next couple of weeks. I'll post a ride report about it if I get enough pics to justify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Went down today, I was watching to see if the car on the left side road was turning and didn't see that the big white SUV in front of me was turning onto the side road until I was waaay too close. I pointed the bike to the right side of the road, braked hard and locked up the rear then when the front hit the gravel on the side that one locked up too and we lowsided.
The bike missed the SUV and made pretty sparks before it stopped.:downsbravo:
The right fairing plastic on the KLR's broken, the fairing frame needs bent, the right handguard is chewed down to the metal, the bars need loosened and moved back and I think I may need to bend the brake pedal.
I declined a ride in the happy fun lights and sounds van to the hospital and rode the bike home.
My ankle's swollen and pretty sore, I'm icing it down and can't put much if any weight on it. If it's like this tomorrow, I'm going to the Dr.

First mistake- too loving close in traffic.
Second- not making the SUV in front of me first priority for my attention.
Third- using the rear brake in a panic stop while not in a straight line.

Edit
Looks like riding season's over, a broken fibula and separated ankle.

edit x2

Retarted Pimple fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 2, 2013

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

It didn't hurt unless I put weight on it, so I figured it was sprained. The ride home was easy . Getting the kickstand up & down was a new experience in pain each time, though, as I had to weight the bad ankle to do it.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Sport touring tires suck in the snow. The weather said there'd be a chance of light snow in the afternoon, so I thought why not check out the new heated gear on the way home. Well, the farther north I got the closer to a blizzard it became. I had to get slower and slower because the PR4 would lose traction and spin, ended up doing about 25mph and hit a slicker spot and high sided.

A guy and his wife stopped and helped me get the bike up and started, so I rode it home, occasionally scraping ice off the outside and inside of the vizor.

Have a sore right hip and need a new windshield, front turn signal, lock on the right Givi and need to tweak the forks I think, the handlebar is crooked. The engine guard did it's job, it got scraped up, but the bodywork is ok.

The heated gear works great.

Edit
This poo poo.
http://www.whio.com/news/news/breaking-news/several-car-pile-up-in-shelby-county/nkc58/

Editx2
Someone on FB saw me a couple minutes before this.

Retarted Pimple fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 24, 2015

• Locked thread