Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

You know how you can tell a car about is about to do something dumb before it happens due to the body language the car gives off in the lane? Don't wait for something stupid to happen, get on the horn right then. I'm tooting all the time as I approach intersections and other dangerous places if I think a car is about to move into my lane. I may be wrong a lot but it snaps drivers out of their day dreams and makes them pay attention to me, which is what I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

redscare posted:

That is the most depressing thread on the internet

Link please.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

I hit a parked car at 0mph with the pannier I forgot I'd put on, and just about didn't fall over.

Five minutes later I hit a post office van at 5mph,with the pannier, and promptly dropped the bike on my leg. A bunch of people stopped to help me, and some nurses stayed to talk for a bit after to suggest I call off work to go to A&E, but I work just down the hall from A&E, so, yeah

I'm posting this from the side of the road with the adrenaline still pumping, so maybe I'll notice something else when it wears off, but as far as I can tell the only damage is this:

And a little rash and stress fracture on the left mirror housing. My leg helpfully held the bike up so there's no damage to the plastics or exhaust.

The engine sounds a little rumbly but that might be my imagination, or something to do with fuel going everywhere when I fell over. I don't know.

Did you damage or scratch the car at all? Leave a note?

• Locked thread