Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Lowsided on a downhill right hander on route 116 in Mass. On an '83 750 Maxim. Extremely forceful wobble while scraping the peg broke my wrist, and the bike just decided not to stay up. I slid and tumbled at 60mph on the asphalt with the bike in hot pursuit. Gear (textile pants, leather jacket, helmet, boots) did its job and I have two minor abrasions. The bike has a broken brake lever and turn signal. I have a broken ego (and wrist), and decided I need to stop being cheap and buy a more modern functioning bike.

Boss from a previous job lives on one of those 116 corners. He considers it a normal weekly occurrence to see either EMT's on the scene, or a tow truck plucking a twisted frame out of the ravine on the other side of the road. Glad you made it out of this one okay, but I've seen very good riders have plenty of fun at 60mph on that road with modern supersports. Dragging peg a month and a half out of the MSF on an 80's UJM probably wasn't the best idea in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread