Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the letter b
Apr 21, 2003
...no more disruptive than Insight.
Well, I've got nobody to blame but my own carelessness for this one. Hit an oil patch at a 50kph left hander on Sunday afternoon. Bike managed to catch on the tail, rip the light assembly off, and I watched it slam back in to the ground and make this hole:

It also twisted the forks in the triple tree, seems like they're not bent, but as soon as I get my service stand back from a friend I'll be able to confirm. All in all should only be a couple of hundred bananas and a half a day of my time to restore.

I landed almost directly on my tailbone somehow, and can barely sit for the second day. All geared so no rash or anything, minor scrapes on gloves and jacket, helmet didn't hit the ground.

Carelessness/complacency mostly stems from the fact that I took the same line through that very corner about 3 hours earlier in the day, and the oil wasn't there. I just wasn't paying attention to the road surface at all.

Ironically it was on my way home from practicing getting the front wheel up in an empty industrial estate far away from any roads (closed course, 'professional' riders :v:), and the bike and injury kinda looks like I looped a wheelie, so maybe I'll go with that when people ask... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread