Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

deadbeet posted:

The guy behind me even changed lanes and revved his engine as he passed me as if to chastise me for slowing down traffic.

Someone should boil this guys balls. Hard boiled egg style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
Just to throw my $.02 in: Older bikes are the suggestion I would make. Something like an older ex500 (ninja 500), GS500, or a XJ600 Seca II. All really forgiving bikes, you'll learn a lot on em, and they have enough performance to be fun.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
You'd need a new shock every oil change.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
drat Nate, glad you're okay. I was debating going out in the poo poo yesterday, but I felt a tremor in the force and decided against it.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
Figured I'd add to this. Old lady in a parking lot backed up what must have been a good 25ft and hit my PARKED bike, knocking it over on itself and my brand new scorpion helmet. Bent bars, cracked stator cover, bent footpeg, dented the exhaust can, broken mirror, and of course, 350lbs of bike falling on to my helmet.

She was kind enough to come in to Trader Joe's and inform me that she hit my bike. I just finished fixing her up too. Goddamnit.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

Already? Jesus christ man. After all that work too :(

And that's one of many reasons that my helmet always goes with me. At least you can buy that nice nolan now! :v:

Yeah tell me about it. Going thru insurance this time. Got all the lady's info and filed a claim last night. Outside of the cosmetic stuff, it feels like one of my valves or something in my clutch basket got knocked out of alignment. I keep hearing a rhythmic ticking from the engine. But at least this time I'll have someone else fix it on her dime.

Just can't seem to go more than 3 months or so without some fool messing with or outright hitting/dropping my bike. Lol.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
What about the helmet being attached to the helmet lock on the bike by the seat, and having the bike dropped on the helmet? Most likely unusable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

KARMA! posted:

If the outer shell is ripped, pinched or otherwise deformed, bin it. If the hard styrofoam inside has any dents, holes or rips, bin it. If you're not feeling safe anymore, bin it.

That what I go by. :)

Cool. No dents or nothing, just some scratching on the top.

• Locked thread