Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Had someone deliberately ram me on my way home from night shift yesterday morning. They really are out to kill us. The one time I wasn't splitting...

There has to be some back story to this. Spill it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Just want to be sure I understand the gist of it: your dad got injured due to no fault of his own and now owes a hospital $200.000?

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

AnnoyBot posted:

Not exactly. The bill for services rendered at the (out of network) hospital was 200k. His insurance paid this, but there is some question as to what that insurance will attempt to recover from my dad. He's paid a few grand in copays and whatnot so far. That insurance is in addition to Medicare. We have no idea how Medicare will interact with the final result either, yet.

Now- if my dad didn't have health insurance or medicare, he would have a $200k bill from the hospital and a $50k payout from the sum total of Jose Assface's insurance and his own under-insured motorist coverage. That would have left him with a $150k balance to pay. However that scenario didn't happen.

Ah ok, thanks for explaining the finer nuances (which we euro folk don't always get to hear). I'm interested to hear how it all pans out.

• Locked thread