Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Oh no, not that sweet GS. I didn't realize it got wrecked. I'm glad you're okay but how did the bike fare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Skreemer posted:

Lesson learned: When you know you won't have traction (any type of slick condition) don't grab a handful of the front brake, go 70% rear and 30% front.

Go mostly rear and ride it out :clint:

Its nice to see you nursed that bike back to health.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

VTNewb posted:

I havn't taken it, but I thought the MSF actually had you lock a rear tire as part of the training. Do they just talk about it?

We did emergency stops during my MSF and had all sorts of smoky tire locking fun.

I was reminded of my childhood of riding a fixed gear BMX and locking the rear on that all the time. It was really fun. :unsmith:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Z3n posted:

That's not to mention cars crossing the DY or pulling illegal U-Turns in the middle of the road. That's pretty much my #1 concern up on the twisties.

Another that seems to be a problem around here is people slowing/stopping completely on corners to look at things. Its terrifying to come around a corner and have to come to a stop because some family in a minivan wants to enjoy the view but cant be damned to pull over.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

People have started putting these little signs out on their lawns around here that have

See
Motorcycles
And
Respect
Them

on them, which makes me happy and I'd love to know where to get one.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

The worst intersection situation is when a light goes green just as you're approaching the intersection and you're still at speed. If you brake to scan the intersection you risk a rear ending and if you buzz through you risk someone running a stale red and nailing you.

The only strategy I have for this is to slowly bleed off a little speed with my rear brake and scan the intersection like crazy.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

You are going straight to heaven. Also I think you went a little mad on that big trip of yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

-Inu- posted:

You know a good paintless dent removal guy might be able to make that crotch dent disappear completely.

• Locked thread