Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Jack the Smack posted:

Had a real doozy of a crash a few weeks ago. Going roughly 70-100 mph up a slight hill on an unbanked, divided road dragging knee through the turns. Right before one of the turns I had stuck my knee out and positioned my body, going around 70 mph (I glanced down at my speed before positioning myself) and then I fell on my right side and low slided right as I started turning.

http://j.photos.cx/cb1f207cbeab3bbc577e26f540973ab4-a63.jpg

Really? You were going to drag knee on that corner? On that public road?

Jack the Smack posted:

Plan to get a GSXR-1000 (2008 or 2009).

Good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Tipped posted:

I get up next to her on the right and she flips me off. :psyduck:

gently caress Massachusetts. You couldn't pay me enough to move back there.

Take a trip up to northern New Hampshire or Vermont and learn to enjoy the bike again. Sorry you have to deal with that crap.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Well, I am now 100% fine with the decision to sell my motorcycle.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Indeed. It took five calls to my own insurance, but when I dumped my bike (solo wreck), they covered the cost of the new helmet.

Go back to the place where you bought it and they'll print you a new receipt to fax to the insurance company.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Way to be over-sensitive. There is no religious, moral or other reason why a crash can't be celebrated. He had a milestone moment in his motorcycling experience, and he wasn't seriously hurt or emotionally traumatized. Good for him.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Tornhelm posted:

I'm sitting here with a case of gravel rash and a left ankle that won't support my weight (I haven't had a chance to go to a hospital yet and make sure it's only a sprained/twisted) because I hit a patch of gravel while stopping and ended up with my brand new Honda VTR250 (it had done maybe 500km - 300 miles) land on top of my foot.

RICE RICE baby. If you still can't walk tomorrow, get an X-ray.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I am going to go buy riding pants today.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Coydog posted:

You'd think, but no. I hate it. Makes no sense. My ins (liberty mutual) doesn't pay out medical for "under four wheels" either. I really need to find someone else, but from what I've seen all the ins options are pretty similar.

Liberty Mutual were a bunch of assholes when I crashed too. They told me gear was covered under my renters insurance. I bitched and bitched and they eventually paid for my helmet after I faxed in a receipt. They were really awful to deal with though. As soon as they paid up I switched to progressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Yeah at that hour drunk is probably right. I bet he was starting right at your tail light wondering what the hell it was until the very last second. Drunks are funny that way.

• Locked thread