Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waptang
Nov 30, 2003
My SV decided it had been on it's wheels long enough and just wanted to lay down for a little while. By the time I discovered it's intentions, it was too late. Luckily, the bike and I came out mostly unscathed. I was coming through a roundabout that I take every day to work, so I didn't pay too much attention. This was a mistake because it had rained this morning before I left, and as you can see by my diagram, someone is an idiot and got a little happy with the yellow paint.

Said diagram:

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

I came up from the bottom, following the red line. Where I went wrong is crossing those yellow lines and giving it a little too much throttle on my exit. As soon as I touched the throttle, the bike decided it was nap time and slid to a stop near the edge.

The damage:

Like I said, not a whole lot of damage done, aside from my ego. There were people waiting at every entrance, so I had quite a few spectators for this event. I jumped right back up immediately and started to collect myself. A few people got out to make sure I was alright, which I appreciated. I felt alright, so I rode the rest of the way in to work with a broken shifter and a little shaken up.

What I didn't take pictures of is the slight bit of rash on my ankle and helmet. When it went down, it pinned my foot a little bit as it was sliding and took my shoe off. Yes, I know I need to get real riding boots, but I'm kind of poor and kind of stupid. My helmet also skid along the ground a bit, but it looks like all of the damage is to my visor and the unlocking mechanism. I need to look it over a little closer to make sure it's still alright to use. My jacket and gloves seem to be alright, as do my jeans. I came very close to wearing my riding pants, but opted not to because "hey, what could possibly go wrong." I guess I found out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread