Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
I had just got my first bike, and had yet to take the MSF. Permit in hand, I was convinced by my boss it was a great idea to go take some twisties. Queue up a blind reducing radius turn and less than 500 miles under my belt, and you can imagine what happened next.

Fortunately, the outside of the turn was a creek bed that was solid mud, and we're talking the really silty stuff that is more like sand. After I straightened out to try and stop (yeah that didn't work out at all) I flew over the handlebars as the bike struck the mud bank, performing what I can only imagine as a flip while also spinning around so that my body was following my head, as I slid a good 18 feet in mud on my back (which I was able to discern after I stood up, and saw the crater). Couldn't have imagined what would have happened if I wasn't wearing ATGATT as well as having a comfy bed of mud to slide in.

However, the soft mud torqued the frame of the bike, totaling it completely as far as repairs went. Insurance took care of it fortunately; kinda wish I had pictures at the site of the crash.

Edit: This was a two years ago, and the worst wreck I've had by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread