Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Those signs are put out by Ontario Road Riders Association. From what I could gather, they put them out where motorcycle accidents occur. You might be able to get one if you contact them. You might have to be a member, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Well I was hoping to never add to this thread with an event of my own, but now I guess I have to.

Had my first ever today, lowsiding at about 65MPH into a small ditch (and possibly bouncing off a culvert before getting to the ditch, according to a guy that stopped to help). Came around a corner following a friend and gave the bike a flick to avoid a change in road surface (I think, I don't actually remember much before losing it. I just know I had a reason) and ended up altering my line in the corner directly into a puddle of gravel. This sent the back end out, and I knew right away I was done for.

The bike pinned my left foot between the footpeg and the shifter lever, so I was along for the ride. I've got a few rash spots where my mesh gear tore right up, and my left ankle and shin are a bit sore, but otherwise I am fine. It could have ended much worse and I'm thankful it didn't.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Unsure about the bike right now, but I rode it home to Champaign from south of Indianapolis, so it can't be that bad. I know it wasn't leaking anything yesterday when I parked it. But, the bars are bent (left hand sits about 2 inches lower and closer than it is supposed to, most of the left side is seriously scratched up, there is a 3ish inch dent into the gas tank (scratched past the primer and into the bare metal), the ignition cover probably won't be going back on due to the hackjob we had to do to get the key turning again, and the plastic cover for the battery and wiring on the left side if hosed. Also, my pillion backrest is shredded.

I was wearing compression shirt and shorts with a similar non-fitted shirt and shorts over that. The outer shirt is ripped in a couple spots. I was wearing a Firstgear Mesh-Tex (pre-2010 model), Firstgear HT Air 2.0 overpants, Tour Master Response SC boots, Firstgear Velocity armored mesh gloves, Tour Master silk glove liners, Lee Parks TechSox, Coolamx helmet liner and HJC CL-15 helmet. I am unsure if the glove liners are salvageable, but I know all the gear save the helmet liner is done for. I just got the gloves at MotoGP in Indy too. :(

Rash isn't bad. Maybe a 50-cent piece sized on my left knee, quarter-sized on my left elbow, dime-sized on my right elbow and some heavy scrapes (but no bleeding) on my right knee. And a bruised heel.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Well, I hobbled downstairs and took a bunch of pictures of the bike and then of my gear, but either my lovely Blackberry or loving terrible Roxio Media Manager ate them all. :mad:

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I was wearing the same pants when I had my wreck late last year and I came out of it with only a spot of rash on my left knee. But that had more to do with my leg being trapped under the bike as it slid than a shortcoming with the pants. I bought another pair immediately. They would be great pants for twice what I paid at New Enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Deer are utter cunts. I will go to my grave hating nothing more in life than loving deer. Useless, disgusting, noisy cunts. I do my best every year to thin the population.

There is one guy I know that carries a rifle in his truck and his tractors and kills every single one he encounters on his farm (as did his father and as does his sons and all his brothers as well). He even has a wall in his garage where he marks the kills fighter-pilot style. I think at this point he's up to 860-something. In his words "Deer are the most useless animal around here and gently caress the DNR if they think they are going to stop me slaughtering every single one of those loving bastards." I love that man.

And they're delicious eating too, so that helps.

Louis CK shares my opinion on deer (though having lived with them in the yard at my parent's house, I've never liked them in any capacity):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9xCWphV8s

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 6, 2011

• Locked thread