Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Had my first road accident in my 6 years of riding this week, and joy of joys it wasn't even on my bike! And I had a helmet cam running at the time. We will start with the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUowB3AhL7I

Basically, riding around on one of my favorite roads, I slow down for a sketchy looking corner. Corner turns out to be much more sketchy than I thought, and even with minimal braking input (I didn't think I had been on the brakes at all prior to watching the video) The front end immediately tucks and I am down before I know it. Unfortunaly upon impact the battery pack of the helmet cam gets destroyed, and we dont get to see any of the cool sliding, my sliding headstand, or hear the cool grunt I made as I roll.

The damages, one destroyed video recording unit, one almost worn through helmet, and a trashed pair of paints. The bike, one broken foot peg mount, trashed right side plastic, lever and bar end. Me, some light bruising on my waist.

The helmet. I showed this to my friends at the local helmet store, the called up the Scorpion rep. Looks like they want to replace it for free for this one and a dvd copy of the video. I am not sure if I want to go for it yet.

Hole in the pants...

Knee guard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

pr0zac posted:

What bike was that? Sounds great.

The girlfriends 09 ninja 250, all stock. oops.

• Locked thread