Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blacksmith
Dec 3, 2004

July 2005
I was buzzing home from work on my 250 Honda Rebel, it was right around dusk, the weather was nice, and it was looking like it was gonna be a nice night. Well I was on a two lane back road large forest on one side, pasture on the other.
Guess what I hit?
A deer, it bounded into the road, and I hit it broad side. I went heavy on the brakes and left some rubber on the road. As best I can tell from the blood spatter on the road and the rubber and gouges in the asphalt I hit the deer, then ran over it.
It was when I ran over it that the bike went down and started dragging me, my pants got caught on the shifter. I got pulled along for a good 30-40 yards till I ended up in a ditch with my bike pinned on top of my leg.
Well what was the damage?
I was fine, front forks on the bike were warped and the frame was shot, helmet, jacket, and gloves were toast. I went out and bought a 30-30 to exact some revenge later that week, but I ended up hitting a couple more deer with my car instead.

Lesson?
Well, remeber this when you are in rural areas, deer and most other wildlife that is gonna run out in front of you are most active at dawn and dusk. Be extra paranoid during those times. I escaped serious damage only due to the gear I was wearing, I wear all my gear at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread