Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Back in the early 2000s when I was a young and stupid man I had a little run in with a pontiac. On a local mountain road here in VA (near skyline drive) forgot where I was on the mountain went in too fast on a turn that gets tighter towards its end as it goes uphill (blind). This road is usually empty so when I crossed the double yellow I didn't freak out but there was a car coming down at the same time. Kaaablloooey!

The reason I am alive and intact is pure dumb luck, I didn't think there was much danger so I was still trying to make the corner and had not stood the bike up, so when I went into the side of the car I was still cranked over and my tires hit the car first, essentially standing the bike up abruptly and tossing my hefty brown rear end over the car and to safety.

I was wearing a dainese jacket, armored pants under my jeans, teknik boots and gloves, pretty much all my gear other than the jacket and gloves was ruined. I suffered a broken bone in my shoulder and a really bruised muscle in my leg.

Got into a wrestling match with a car.

I lost

Really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

FunkyJunk posted:

Let me guess... Rt. 211 near Sperryville. That road is not even worth riding on anymore because so many people dumped their bikes there that the local P.O. are now harrassing any motorcyclist that shows up. :(

This was back in 2002 and the it had not gotten crazy yet, this is when cooters restaurant still used to be at the bottom. I haven't been up there in years, I hear stories from all the squids however. This place from 99 to about 01 was pure magic and I miss it.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Ya nipples that was really bad riding, also don't ride at a pace you're not absolutely relaxed at on public roads and poo poo. My policy when I'm up in the mountains is that if I'm using the brakes, I'm going too fast.

This is me leading a ride on which one of the small dicked idiots decided to run from the cops. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cMR8oj6gAc&hd=1

Watch my right hand, don't touch the brakes, I'm riding fast enough to have fun and enjoy myself but not so fast that I'm actually having to slow down. Leave riding fast enough that you need to really get on the brakes for the track poo poo. Do this for a while your lines will get smoother and the speed at which you can ride relaxed will just keep getting faster. YW you big dummy.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

sigtrap posted:

That's bullshit that they questioned all of you. Did they know he was a member of your group or were they just assuming that "all motorcyclists on a road are in the same GANG" or some poo poo?

The Cop has seen him riding with us earlier in the day.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

So today I crashed the bike again. But some information first...
I had to be in Boston by around 7AM and that is a 1hr and 30 minute trip for me, so I wanted to leave by 5 AM to give me some leave way just in case Boston traffic got worse. For some stupid reason I woke up at 330 in the moring, ate, dressed up and drove to Boston.

I start heading back by 1PM and decided to get out of the interstate and into a highway. Instead of taking it easy I was driving rather recklesly, I din't apply enough brakes and I was fixated on the center island.

See Figure 1:

With a jump that killed the rest of my forward momentum I landed in the center of the grassy island. The landing was rough as gently caress and I proceeded to drop the bike on its right side.

No mechanical damage to the bike and I was OK. I am really REALLY motherfucking happy I didn't T-bone an upcoming car.

But overall the entire experience was loving embarrassing :cripes:

That sucks, at least you and the bike are OK and now you laugh about loving up :)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

When I get rashed up I take a orbital sander to it and wash it out with brake parts cleaner. No big deal.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I had a minor crash I think I was doing about 10mph slowing down as I was approaching a stop sign,I was trying to get my bike pointed down the road I was turning right on to. So I was on the front brake, pushing up on the right bar, kind of barely turning and my left hand went to raise my visor. This is a habit I have. Didn't see fine dusty rear end gravel on the road and instantly folded the front and threw my self to the ground. Landed on my right shoulder, the new extra grippy metal pegs I installed scraped the back of my leg, through my leathers and through my boots.

(Click for big)

This happened through my Sidi boots and my leathers.

This thing saved my bike from most of the damage

This panel popped out for some reason

Bar end damage

Bike was otherwise fine, I finished my ride and went to a BBQ. Today my shoulder is sore as hell and my leg stings.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Can you give me some pointers? A lowside in a descending turn nowhere near the tire traction limit and without touching the brakes? I seriously want to know what could have happened, but "oh ho, you'll know if you were as good ~as me~" doesn't help a lot.

You're not good with jokes.I think he was trying to say you post too much, anyway there is no way for anyone on a internet forum to diagnose your crash, the information you're giving isn't complete, because there isn't any reason you should have crashed, but you did.

My guess is not moving forward fast enough to overcome gravity.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Chichevache posted:

He was being a shithead and he deserves the probation

I didn't say anything about that, for total "omg I have no idea what happened" crashes often times your right foot is to blame, do you ride on your toes or is your foot over the peg? You could have hit the rear brake.

Just because you're on the center part of the tire doesn't mean you're also not about to run out of traction. The traction limit doesn't only apply when you're on the side of the tire, there is a traction limit even being straight up and down and it varies wildly depending on lots of diff things. So you don't know that you weren't on the edge of traction.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Z3n posted:

Were there any scrapes on the black piece of plastic? If you'd connected with it, that can cause a major slide, usually far enough out that the bike can't recover.

Otherwise, without footage, impossible to tell.

Glad you're ok - ping me if you need help with anything.

Ok thanks boo :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

No, but they are 3+ years old now. Still look good, but I bet the rubber is getting hard.

Nah you can make them last a bit longer, also excellent reaction.

• Locked thread