Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
I haven't posted my 'recent' crash since I didn't get the non-proof pictures of it until a few days ago.

This happened on the famous US129 which was one of my home roads for about 3 months. Yes, knee dragging on the street is dumb, etc etc. I learned my lesson and will certainly be toning back on the street once I get a new bike.

End result:

Really mangled bike, road rash the size of a eraser on my left middle finger, brusing on my shin and elbow, and thats it.

Wear your gear kids, and dont be a dumb ham infront of the camera.

Edit: Pictures are still uploading to my gallery apparently.... be patient for the rest of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Jesus loving chirst, that looks BRUTAL. Which corner was that?

Right by pig pen corner (I think thats the name). Its the long right hander going up and down a blind hill.

Aftermath:

Amazingly the only thing that really needed replacement was:

*Subframe
*Handlebars (not entire clipon, go Woodcraft)
*Rear wheel
*Exhaust can

Fiberglass wasn't too bad, it was glassed & bondoed and repainted already. I had spares for everything except for the exhaust can. It was a full system, so its uber $$ :(

Bike is for sale though. PM me if interested ;)

Revenant.Eagle fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 11, 2009

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

Silver posted:

Pix of what you hung off the tree of shame!

Did the front just tuck on you? Were you trail braking?

I actually didn't hang anything on the tree....something bigger will be hung in the Tallassee store.

The 3rd picture will be blown up to a 16x24 with the rest of the crash pictures surrounding it and will be hung up in the store ;)

The front tucked because:

A) I was being a HAM for the camera
B) Going waaaaaayyyyy too fast for the streets like a tard
C) Didn't get my rear end off the seat far enough and tucked the front

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

Z3n posted:

If you had 10$ for every time some squid thought you were totally going so fast, you'd have a new bike overnight. :xd:

I know, that picture is so misleading until you notice the huge black marks coming off of the front and rear tire :(

Oh well. I think I'm going to try some motard action again for the street, and track out an SV for trackwhoring duties.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

Silver posted:

I killed a squirrel on Sunday, little fucker just kept doing a zip-zap back and forth in the street. I'm not changing my line for something that small and he zipped when he should have zapped and I felt the thunk of running him over. Friend behind me said I shot him up and spun him pretty good.

Yeah, dogs, deer, big animals? Swerve. Small things like squirrels and stuff, keep on trucking.

I had a former riding buddy of mine hit a possum at night infront of me on his 1098s. I never thought a possum could fly that high and spin that fast. I was lucky I didn't hit him either....

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

Methusulah posted:

I have the worst luck. 2 weeks after my last little accident, I had a pretty major one. I hit a deer going about 60mph around 10pm Wednesday night. God drat thing jumped right in front of me. I shouldn't have been going down that road on such a dark night (Rt 61 northbound just outside of Hannibal, MO) But oh well. I saw it in time to try and apply the brakes, but there just wasn't enough room to slow down or react past that.

I just got a little bruise on my left elbow and i sprained my right ankle. Crazy, huh? I haven't seen the bike yet, it was towed to the nearby burg of Palmyra and I've got the towing guys info for my insurance. I'll get pics once my foot heals enough to walk on so I can find my camera. It was the scariest thing of my life and I'm just thankful that I'm alive, and not paralyzed.

Now I just don't know if I'm going to be able to ride again. I've got to drop money on all new gear (my boots and gloves came out relatively unscathed) So I won't even be able to afford it for a while. Until then we'll just have to wait and see.

Check with your insurance company. I was able to claim my helmet, gloves and part of my suit with one of my crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

T-Square posted:

I think I'm going to have to disagree and say this isn't the best bike for a new rider. Yes, smaller displacement is better for a new rider, and a lighter bike is also better, but this thing is very light and makes for a sort-of rediculous ride. Just sayin'

+1

After riding a DRZ for 6,000 hooligan miles, it in no way should be suggested to a new rider. Yes, it is lighter, but the power to weight ratio can easily make you wheelie the bike and do unpredictable things.

DRZ should only be suggested for riders that have experience and know how to be a hooligan without seriously injuring themselves.

• Locked thread