Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
Good to hear you're okay.

Back in October 06 I had my brand new Ninja 500 for all of three months. I took it over to my friend's house to show it to her and her boyfriend. I joined the main road next to her subdivision, and was bringing the bike up to the speed limit when a goddamn dog runs across the street. I put on the brakes, and missed the dog by a good 40 feet.

Unfortunately, I hit the brakes over a pile of leaves on top of a puddle. The handlebars started vibrating, and I went rear end over teakettle at around 30mph. Skid along the ground for about 20-30 feet according to my friend, ripping off the front right turn signal, breaking a piece off the front brake lever, and straight up breaking the front fairing in three places.

I was a dumb loving idiot back then, wearing little in the way of protective gear outside of my helmet/jacket/gloves. I realized soon after how close I came to dying. My cheapass jacket got the right arm ripped off, leaving a good portion of my skin along the road. My jeans got ripped to poo poo on the right side, tearing off chunks of my skin that are still partially visible almost 2.5 years later.

My helmet (HJC CL-14) got a good bit of scuffing on the right side, leading me to realize that my head was probably dragged along the ground for a decent distance.

I got up after the crash, collected the pieces, and according to my friends I calmly walked back to them and got patched up. The bandages only lasted about ten minutes until they were crimson and falling off.

I had to ride home because I didn't think I'd need a trip to the hospital. When I tried getting on the bike, I had to cut off part of my jeans so that it wouldn't get caught up in anything. I can only imagine what people thought when they saw me that day, with 75% of my original pants and bleeding all over the loving highway.

I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for not wearing better gear, not going to the hospital, and then for some reason riding 10 miles while bleeding.

To add some positive though, I had that crash when I had 300 miles under my belt. I put another 8000 on it before selling it, and I got 1000 on my new bike without any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread