Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

I think I may be done with bikes. Had my third accident (this one being the most severe) this Saturday and I can tell you it was not fun.

I've already had 2 accidents in the past, both due to looking in my rear-view mirror for too long. They were very minor and I only chipped my turn signals. This time, I completely wrecked my motorcycle (2001 Honda Shadow 125CC) and really hurt myself!

I hadn't taken my bike all winter. It was a really beautiful day and since it had been a long time since my last ride (~5 months) I thought I would go cruising. I was coming out of a small village, about 50km/h (which is the limit in towns) when I arrive at a very soft left-hand turn on which was a speed bump. For some reason that is way beyond me, I didn't have the proper reflex of braking, which led me to picture myself swerving off the right side of the road. Things being what they were, this stunned me even more, and by the time I got on the speed bump, I was still going too fast. I exited the road to the right, and of course with my luck there was a small hole and sewer input sticking out.

My front wheel hit the sewer, which blocked it completely. I was catapulted from my bike, fell on my elbows. I had a thick leather jacket, but it was a bit loose for me (now I know it's a big mistake) and the right sleeve just rolled up exposing my elbow. I don't know how long I slid but it certainly hurt. My bike did a half front flip and hit the ground hard. It came THIS close to falling back on me.

My right elbow is hosed, my right thigh is seriously bruised and hurts. Couple of other bruises here and there but nothing is broken.

After a bit of thought, I was really lucky not to die or become paraplegic that day. However my bike's front fork is totally bent. I think the main frame is intact but I couldn't be sure, I'll need to see with a mechanic.

My elbow:

Click here for the full 799x1067 image.

My bike:

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

I must've been seriously in shock because as soon as I got up, I walked around the neighborhood trying to find someone who could help me with my elbow, not really feeling the pain. I did find a really nice lady who had everything so I saved a trip to the clinic.

go play outside Skyler fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread