Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

zap actionsdower! posted:

:black101: Destroyer of side-mirrors

Whether you get the scoot you were on back on the road, or get a new one, you need to do up a side-view mirror silhouette made in adhesive vinyl to stick on the bike somewhere, WWII fighter kill-count style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Bob Morales posted:

:clint::respek::black101:

I'm still loving amazed you managed to smash the front off your bike with your loving face, ride it down a drainage ditch full of mud and reeds, and somehow didn't dump the bike.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

pr0zac posted:

Yeah it seems thats the best idea. I'd been thinking if I held to the right I'd be less likely to get cut off because people would be more likely to see my headlight when glancing back. I probably shouldn't have assumed people would be glancing back. Live and learn.

Yeah, that's probably the worst place to be. Most people in cut-you-the-gently caress-off range glancing into their rear-view mirrors will have you obscured by their own C-pillars in that spot. With a quick glance in the side-view, they'll likely be looking towards the center of the lane (where cars would be) and overlook you/think you're in their lane already/leaving the other lane. If you stay left, not only are you slightly more visible, you'll have that extra 2/3 of a lane to notice idiots moving into your lane to honk/take evasive action/what-have-you.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So that's pretty much all there is to it at the time. Sorry for the wall of text but I haven't really talked much about it with anyone and I felt like I needed to get it off my chest.

Holy loving poo poo.

That's pretty much a worst-case scenario right there, absolutely amazing that you both survived. I'm really glad you did, and hope you and your boss continue to recover smoothly.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

threeskin posted:

:aaaaa: Daaaaaaaamn.

That makes the 2 broken fibulae on our roller derby league look like hangnails, and both those girls are in wheelchairs/required surgery etc. The fact you're allowed to use a walker already is a really good sign, actually.

Glad you made it through and are on the mend.

I take it from the wording of your post it was a hit & run? Any sign of traded paint or anything on your bike, or is the "getting clipped by a car" just the best guess given the results of the accident?

Definitely got a jaw-dropping x-ray out of the deal, hope you continue to heal up quick.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Bad turn radius? On a scooter? What?

Maybe he's used to something with more lean angle? That's all I can come up with.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

LLJKSiLk posted:

I give a poo poo because he's a decent human being, and I feel like he needs support during this time. If you don't like someone on the internet gently caress em I guess?

Pretty sure he meant "who gives a poo poo" as in "who gives a poo poo if his vlog is awesome, help anyway" but I could be wrong. Internet after all. v:shobon:v

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dutymode posted:

I've never heard of this. When did pedals not retract?

Given he was talking about bones poking out, I think he was referring to xtal's collarbone injury. That said, I'm guessing he somehow swapped accelerator pedal and steering column. Not really sure how that happens, but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
You also have to remember insurance companies make money by not paying for things.

That, combined with the straight-up uninsured means many costs need to be rolled into the price so that eventually it gets paid by somebody.

This also means hospitals have to employ a literal army of workers just to generate & properly file the purposely Byzantine paperwork, which is different for each and every insurer. The cost of services needs to cover all of their salaries & benefits as well.

• Locked thread