Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Just read your mini report in the gear thread. Glad you're ok and the bike is still in serviceable shape, seems like almost best possible outcome for having a crash.

EDIT: BTW I love the USPS Mail carrier on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

philkop posted:

We get awesome mileage for the most part. So when we die well die with a thick wad of extra cash in out back pockets.

If you die with a thick wad of extra cash you probably crashed because you haven't been keeping up on maintenance :toot:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Ugh, sucks about the bike. Can those suits be reused after a crash?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

lowside I take it?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Whiteboy posted:

He still claims to be a better rider than me and still thinks his bike is twice the bike I have. I don't think he'll be trying to do wheelies anymore because he's such a grouchy bitch right now with his crutches+road rash on his rear end/thighs.
I live with him but I honestly avoid him because whenever we talk it's usually leading to an argument which leads to a fist fight.

Buy him one of those cheap jackets/gloves on new enough for his birthday/whatever. Say you bought it for yourself but it doesn't fit/you don't like it and you don't want to pay the restocking fee or something.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

So I wasn't really going to post this, as I'm pretty embarrassed about the whole deal, but I figure that someone else might learn from my (admittedly stupid) example. I crashed. Only had gloves (I don't really remember), I had some personal problems that day, and was pretty distracted. Great day for a ride, right? I think I was just going to take it around the block. I got the 250 started and was putting around the parking lot warming it up, I'm not sure what happened to be honest but I remember going down. Couldn't have been going more then 5-10mph in all honesty, didn't even break any skin, but I hit my head. Hard. I really can't remember anything from about a week before that, to two or three after that. My speech was slurred for several weeks, and my friends told me I kept walking into the walls. I broke my fifth finger, and am still in physical therapy and can't move it fully yet.

I've been off the bike for several months due to my hand, and can't wait to get back on. Didn't do too much damage to the bike either! Broken fairing and blinker so I should be back on two wheels soon, I can't wait! Seriously though, always wear your loving helmet, even when you're just putting around in a parking lot. poo poo happens, so just do it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Jabs posted:

Mister Silver Lining Says: "Hey, at least you didn't have to replace your helmet!"

Do you remember the crash itself - specifically, the cause?

Not really. I remember a brief moment of falling, but that's about it. I think I'm going to buy a new helmet anyway though, there's nothing like that new helmet smell!

Edit: VV Not that I remember it but yes. This was a few months ago, so all is a-ok.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 25, 2010

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Crayvex posted:

I've had this same thing happen in Ford Tempo and Jeep Liberty. The people behind me at a light saw movement and then just assumed they could move forward... RIGHT THROUGH MY CAR.

That's happened twice with me. Uninsured SOB, and once was the body shop manager of a local dealership, in a new dealer car, with the dealerships insurance agent in the passengers seat. True Story.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Sepist posted:

My Ninja 650 came with Bridgestone Battlax, I'm pretty sure the 250 also does. I've been riding on my originals for 3 years and they need replacing, yours must be almost bare.

Pretty sure classic 250s come with dunlop poo poo. Go buy a metzeler me880 for the rear, mine lasted 10k miles, and find something good for the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

H2SO4 posted:

Not at all. :colbert:

Truth. Been there, loving done that.

• Locked thread