Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

SnatchRabbit posted:

Has there been any word of the GoG crew supporting Anachronox? I never played it, but it keeps popping up in old PC gaming threads as a pretty cool sci-fi title. Would definitely drop $10 on that.

I as well. I always dug the music, story and characters in that game. I remember the "magic" in the game being kinda awkward though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So far the only games I've gotten are the two old fallout games. I remember Septerra Core being released and getting bad reviews.

Dominic White posted:

Well, not to get horribly off-topic, the PC version has more content, more features, a lot of rebalanced stuff and the load-times are reduced to almost nothing. Texture popin (especially after a little .ini tweak) is much improved too.

It runs at about 60fps solid for me, 4xAA 16xAF, VSync at 1440x900. Way, way better than the 360 version, even if fully installed (which I did).

Hmmm...you've got me interested. Guess I'll check out the official thread and decide if its worth a buy.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

tonelok posted:

As for Phantasmagoria, that was a surprise. That was pretty drat controversial at the time due to the rape scene. The sequel even had somebody saying "gently caress" a couple of times which was A Big Goddamned Deal in the mid 1990s. Plus it had two guys nearly kissing which was Also A Big Goddamned Deal in the mid 1990s.

lovely games though...buy it for the funny FMV and bad acting.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

tonelok posted:

It was revolutionary at the time :colbert:

That actress never acted again.

Oh sure I understand that. When I was younger I was a big Sierra guy. I would have to say though Phantasmagoria was the beginning of the end. The second Gabriel Knight game did this style of game the best IMHO.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, I think the games can only run as good as they did back in the day too, I recall that game being buggy.

Trying to play the first Gabriel Knight, the audio is REALLY scratchy, speeds up randomly and is very glitchy. I had to turn off the narrator voice, it was bugging me too much.

Lame, the narrator is the best part of that game. "Dat doesn't work dat way."

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

Everyone who has ever enjoyed a single adventure game, or agatha christie novel, or art nouveau advertising poster, should buy this immediately. I am so not even joking.

How's the game look in motion? The screenshots look interesting enough.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Kins posted:

Syndicate: Owned by EA, so probably not for a good while yet.
Shadow Watch: Owned by Ubisoft, so it's possible.
X-Com: Owned by 2K Games. I don't think they're on GOG, are they? Entire series is on Steam if you can't wait.

Syndicate was an awesome game so that sucks we'll have to wait on that one.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

signalnoise posted:

I just wanna say I bought The Last Express the moment I saw it on gog and now I have a whopping 2 examples of incredible games made more incredible by having scripted events that happen on a timeline whether you like it or not (thanks Star Control 2 for existing) this game is the poo poo and everyone who ever liked anything good should buy it play it and love it peace out

This. I only played about an hour and was amazed by the story, voice acting and originality. Awesome game.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

Oh this is interesting. Mine is probably MDK or Icewind Dale though I have piles I haven't even touched yet. :doh:

The Last Express for me by far. Very cool and original game.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Choppy as poo poo

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Lag much better now. I like the beach background

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Origami the game

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Witcher 2 for XBOX 360. Meh...

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Screech works for GOG I see

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Ultima Underworld unngggghh :fap:

This right here. This poo poo right loving here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm 24 and I feel the goddamn same after going through this and the retro games thread. :corsair::hf::corsair:

Please. Wait till you're part of the 30 and over crowd. Then you can complain about feeling old!