Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

Perfect for getting that last bit of food from across the table.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

No Jazz Jackrabbit or Jill of the Jungle. :(

Seriously I was hoping they would have Majesty though.

It's not on GoG, but Majesty came to Impulse recently, which is another great service. I think it's on gamersgate as well, but I've never tried gamersgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

Plavski posted:

As far as I'm aware EA own the rights to all games that use the Infinity Engine so until gog get a deal with EA, not Planescape, Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale will be available.

Zombie Interplay still has the rights to those games as far as I know, but Atari picked up the D&D license shortly before Bioware's Neverwinter Nights was released.

Interplay is desperate for any money they can get, and I feel pretty confident they would have released their D&D games if they could. I'm guessing a digital distribution of the games counts as a new product, and as such, they can only do it if Atari buys the old IE games, or they can come to some sort of copublishing arrangement.

Ubisoft bought SSI in some form and I would guess they have the rights to the old D&D Gold Box games, but again, you can't buy them anywhere, even though I'm sure they'd sell well on GOG. Again, it would probably require an agreement with Atari to get them republished.

Or Wizards could give their publishing rights to a different company, which would probably create similar problems with the D&D branded games produced under Atari.

Finger Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 7, 2009

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

Painkiller is an entire game composed of

Enter obviously-going-to-close-behind-you door
Door closes behind you
Shoot shitloads of monsters
Repeat

Don't get me wrong, this is awesome in Painkiller (a game which you should buy if you haven't already), but it's... less than I'd expect from Doom.

It's a good game, it's a lot of fun (barring a couple of kind of lovely levels near the beginning), but if that's all you want from The Real Doom 3, you wanted something that honestly would have been pretty disappointing next to Doom 1 and 2 (albeit closer in spirit to those games).

Finger Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 19, 2009

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

Drox posted:

So you think Doom 3 should have been Bioshock but better? :v:

But really, Painkiller has more to do with Doom than SS did. Doom is about killing lots of dudes and being a badass. SS, while awesome, is not really about that.

edit: and finding secrets, Doom is also about finding secrets.

I agree with this. Doom should be an action game with horror elements. Doom 3 was a horror game with action elements.

Again, I think Painkiller is an awesome game, I just think people sell it a little high.

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

doctorfrog posted:

So, I bought Divine Divinity because it's been on my c-list for many a year.

I understand that it's friggin' huge, which is nice, but I only occasionally get a craving for isometric clicky RPGs, and usually for about a week or so. Is Divine Divinity a game that can be abandoned for a while, then picked up again without too much confusion? Or would I be better off scheduling a huge slab of time to complete it?

You won't forget how to play it (the controls are diablo-ish), and it has probably the best quest log ever made, so you shouldn't have any trouble forgetting what you're supposed to be doing either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

WMain00 posted:

In the same way I don't understand why Monolith doesn't make another NOLF, I can't for the life of me understand why Relic doesn't make Homeworld 3.

:(

I assume that Fox owns NOLF, while Monolith now belongs to Warner Bros. Hopefully they're not doomed to making exclusively Batman/DC Comics games for the rest of their existence.

THQ actually acquired the Homeworld property in 2007, so there's at least hope that we'll see a new one of those eventually.