Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You sure about that? My original PST copy works without any work in Vista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Honest Thief posted:

what's Advent Rising like? I know it's part of a failed trilogy

it's kind of fun when you get completely broken mass effect-like powers, but it's a pretty bland shooter otherwise

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is this the first PS:T has been available since going out of print?

also how the gently caress did I get this far without knowing GOG had MegaRace

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh, they had one of those slimpack DVD re-releases?

I remember having to resort to getting a big-box version on eBay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have to wonder why those things aren't popular in the US (I bought Richard Burns Rally and Grand Prix Legends from one of those DVD rerelase packages overseas)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
God, I love PST being on GOG, only thing that could make me happier at this point is The Last Express

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gasmask posted:

I know this is liable to get me lynched around here, but I'm really disappointed with Fallout. I never got to play it back in the day. The amount of hype it gets led me to believe it was going to be incredible, but I just found it slow, clunky and frustrating.

how to beat fallout:

Step 1: 10 Luck
Step 2: Jinxed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah, PST doesn't have the "you must gather your companions" thing, so if all else fails in combat areas, just make a mad dash for the exit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rt4 posted:

Is it just me, or was NWN just totally soulless?

not just NWN, NWN2 as well

MOTB owned, though, as long as you could get around the lovely interface

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Farquar posted:

You guys gotta stop telling people how to play the game. That's the best part about it, is that you can play it any way you want. There are no 'wrong' ways to play Torment and anybody that thinks so is wrong. :colbert:

you probably should try to use a character that emphasizes the game mechanics that don't suck, though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

XausF1 posted:

Can we go back to talking about GoG itself instead of focusing on one game where some people who haven't played through it, even though they've had it for more than 10 years now, have some critical plot points "accidentally" spoiled by over-excited goons, please? *breathe*

sure

once GOG releases BGII

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Discount Viscount posted:

Well balls! I knew a little about the different versions but didn't know about any discrepancies such as this. Maybe I'll look at realMYST on GameTap then, while my current subscription lasts.

Make sure to try out Riven: The Sequel To Myst as well, that's one of my favorite puzzle games ever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oh, once you become a mage, make sure to have a talk with Dakkon about the Circle.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AxeManiac posted:

Hmmn looks like a nice deal, but I don't want MOO3

poo poo!

looks like MOO3 is priced perfectly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Machine posted:

Is Outcast fairly enjoyable nowadays?

The graphics are pretty, but it has a bad case of fed-ex quests, and repetition.

Still worth playing for <$10, though, even if it's just to see how cool voxels were

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does that mean you can run I-War 2 with shaders set to full now?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Make sure to try I-War 1, the nice thing about space shooters is that they age really well (since all you need is some nice backgrounds, and some models). I loved the feeling of piloting with a crew better than I-War2's lone wolf kinda thing, though the piracy free-roam aspect was awesome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
eh, I actually found the whatever the game considered default for the 360 pad fine. just needed to remember the shortcut for gunnery control, and I was good to go.

i kinda found it hilarious that IW1 had better gamepad support "out of the box" than loving Psychonauts

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah IW2 kicks a lot of rear end (specifically your rear end, it is hard as poo poo)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hogburto posted:

I think I know what kinda game I'm looking at. If I like X-Wing and Mechwarrior 2 Mercs, am I pretty much guaranteed to like Independence War 2?

Pretty much, yeah

just read the bigass manual, and make to use the weapons station for combat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GoldenNugget posted:

Does Independence War 2 have a problem with modern systems? It runs a few frames at a time and has all these graphical artifacts.

I'm running Win7 64-bit with an i5-760 and nvidia gtx 460 1gb.

Go to the settings and turn the shader slider all the way down

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It might not work for you, but any time that happens to me, downloading the file twice in the same browser simultaneously to the same location always seems to work. No idea why.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
last I heard, the VTM:Bloodlines patch had run out of things to do and the author had resorted to randomly changing the locations of characters and items for no good reason, that might have been what he was referring to

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thompsons posted:

If we could vote for the game with the most inflated rating on GOG, what would it be? I'm casting mine for either Kingpin or Blood 2.

Myst. God Myst was a bad puzzle game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Magnificent Quiver posted:

It's kind of the opposite problem that Netflix has. Every game on GOG is 5 stars, but every god drat movie on Netflix is right around 3 stars.

well Netflix is going to try to have like every movie ever, while GOG is Good Old Games, so that kinda makes sense

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
eh, it's still predominantly Good Old Games

it's like how the Criterion Collection has Chasing Amy and Armageddon in it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Voted for Re-Volt, because that was the best loving Mario-Kart style racer on PC when it was out. It's not an EA title, either, some random Canadian company holds the rights. It could happen!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
or just pick up a companion pack mule

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
MOTB is excellent, though, and is worth getting NWN2 for

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Modian posted:

Is this new version of Raptor still crap compared to the old DOS one?

mouse control is really lovely, but it's good with a gamepad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Baldur's Gate 2. Absolutely.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

closeted republican posted:

Is it compatible with an X360 gamepad?

yes, that's what I use

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Carmageddon was OK, but Carmageddon 2 was the absolute poo poo, and it needs to be up there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

teethgrinder posted:

Don't get me wrong, the image makes an amusing point, but I'm not sure that running around checking every nook and cranny for keys is exactly superior gameplay.

if you have to check every nook and cranny for keys, the designer did a piss-poor job, pretty much all the Doom levels (the Romero-designed ones anyway) were really well designed that way

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Drox posted:

Uh, yeah, you didn't play Doom, did you? Quake, while good, was much worse about this, I think.

nah, Quake had some lovely mazey levels (episode 4!!!!), but most of it still flowed really well

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rascyc posted:

I don't remember how Duke3D and Shadow Warrior played out, but I know Doom's harder difficulties were borderline impossible until after you played through the game enough times to memorize all the secret areas to get the necessary amount of ammo since its idea of harder difficulties was just more and more enemies. From then on, it was just a matter of enter room - oh there are so many enemies that I can't strafe? - time to bottleneck camp for 20 minutes to cut the numbers down.

uh, is your only experience of Doom playing Alien Vendetta on UV or something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Doom/Doom2 aren't really that hard these days because mouselook kinda trivializes the combat at the monster populations those games had

Plutonia's where it's at if you want an asskicking

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Descent is a maybe with mouse/keys, but Freespace and especially IW pretty much require a gamepad or joystick

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Furret Basket posted:

Are there any games on GOG that I should buy coop for?

IWD 1/2 are great coop, though they take some doing to get working these days (Hamachi, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Saoshyant posted:

Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate 2!

own it and bought it anyway crew represent