Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Caleb on Blood has some lovely quotes aswell, the game is still really fun to play but i hate the fact that they never let the community mess with its code like Duke3d. So theres not awesome source ports like eDuke3d with his hi-res pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bats posted:

The HD versions don't have the fun physics based rooms where gravity gets inverted and all that good stuff.

I can confirm this, the Second Encounter HD lacks that Aztecan or whatever is called room where you start running with inverted gravity on a tubed room and swaps the physics.

But still, HD versions improved the game quite a lot and if you can survive without a tiny bit of the game not being there, they have better sound quality aside of gfx improvements and is easier to find players via steam to play coop.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Yeah, Tyrian 2000's been free here for a long time now, and the port, OpenTyrian, is here.

It'd be awesome if it got the GOG treatment so as to not have to fiddle around with it manually in DOSbox, sure, but they'd probably have to give it away for free so I don't see it being any kind of a priority for them.

It shouldn't be too hard to get working anyway, you just might have to do without all the graphics settings cranked all the way up. Some of the effects like heat distortion can inflate the overhead like you wouldn't believe.

I never knew about Open Tyrian, i got it and got tyrian running (tho bit faster than i wanted, but i can just use dosbox) and :drat: i still love that game, i remember going all retarded with maxed vulcan cannon on front and rear weapon and ripping through the game. :fap:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Underwhelmed posted:

Two Worlds

I bought Two Worlds on its deal (and enclave), and im really looking forward on breaking the crafting system :3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

Oh oh, time to download and back up all our purchases before they go belly up?

It has been awful quiet on GOG lately and the last few releases have been rather lackluster. They did give us a hell of a run for awhile, maybe they are just hitting the point that it is impossible to get the rest of the games away from lawyers and they are just scrambling for these easy grab titles from eastern European developers

It doesnt sound too bad actually, i have an external HDD waiting to get all the gog.com stuff i have on my account so at least i own all these games. Its been rather dissapointing for me lately that it doesnt show interesting stuff and my wishlist is almost empty, compared to the first weeks, that i had like 20+ games waiting...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Getting to EA would be the greatest thing ever, but i doubt they will be able :(

Is like getting Warner Bros to give gog the code of Blood so we can have an awesome source port.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I dont care if they come back, ill download every game i bought previously and back up them all with the extras, because the only ones i saved in my HDD are Duke3d, Blood, Sensible Soccer 2006 and Two Worlds. I'd kill myself if i lose Redneck Rampage, Sanitarium and Outcast :psyduck:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

709 days and I joined because of Redneck Rampage. I am not ashamed of that.

477 days here and joined aswell because of Redneck Rampage :hfive: after that one a good bunch of games came and dont regret it \o/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, the #1 piece of advice I can give with I-War 2 is use lateral/vertical thrusters. It throws off enemy targeting. Enemies usually fly with just throttle, and always with flight assistance (which limits your maximum velocity). As you're almost always outnumbered and outgunned, you need to leverage the few advantages you can get.

Yep, Blood owns as well. It's basically Duke 3D, but better.

Thats not possible, in fact, Caleb is just Duke Nukem disguised to show he can be even better if he feels to.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

GirlBones posted:

wow, this website is fantastic! i just spent the last hour having fun adding games to my wishlist...

Then you'll end having 40 games or more like me without noticing :smithicide:...

...but gently caress that, i love gog.com and how they made me play again these games, wich now i enjoy much more than before :3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zat posted:

poo poo, bought Blood. This better be good.

It isnt just good, its one of the best games i've (and lots of goons will say the same) you will play, EVER.

If after vanilla game you feel that you need to kill more poo poo, as posted previously, Tecman made a golden quality pack for Blood:

http://blood.nanoaugur.net/ Really give it a try, theres TONS of new maps, content and poo poo that'll extend your game experience.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

PrinnySquadron posted:

I picked it think "can't be that bad, right?"

I can't get past the first two levels because it keeps crashing.

I got blood 2 on gog.com because of that "collectors" impulse buys but i played it on launch and it wasnt even close to the original, has some fun stuff but you can avoid it safely unless you want to buy it for keep on your list like me :unsmith:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think my first shopping chart was like this: Sanitarium, Blood, Blood 2, Duke 3d, Redneck Rampage and Sacrifice, it was a god drat nice start :3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Danger Mahoney posted:

So how's the loot in ToEE? I love a good tactical-type dungeon crawl, but only I'm also a spergy gear whore.

Im kind of interested on this aswell, also, I've got all the D&D games released on gog so far (drat you :smithicide:) but im thinking on starting with ToEE just because i dont feel like playing Torment (reeeeeeeeeeeead) and Co8 patch looks nice. Any advice?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SavageMessiah posted:

I think E4M7 is supposed to creep you out with all the fleshy stuff but I couldn't stop laughing because of the little farting sounds the level makes. *pbbpt*

You should try Prey then, its all about alien vaginas :stare:, farts and funny sounds.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Somehow im really interested about The Wheel of Time on gog.com, anyone knows if that will ever happen or any new on gog working about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_%28video_game%29 In case anyone never heard of it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Yeah, I remember the previews and reviews for VTM:R really talking up the multiplayer and DMing like it was really something special. I never checked out the game because apparently the rest of it was fairly bad, and it seems like the multiplayer parts became completely superseded by NWN a couple years later.

I played a bit of VTM:R multiplayers on launch and was pretty decent because it used a formula like pen and paper role playing game, one player could play as "director" so he could keep the mission/module fresh whenever was needed. But it was kind of hard to get the game going unless that director really knew what to do.

Single player isnt bad, only when you get to the present, firearms are completely useless if you have a loving nice 2h axe or something like that. I really enjoyed that game years ago but now i feel that i would use a mod (need to look for that) to improve cameras and so.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

GreenNight posted:

It's tough to play BG1 after BG2. What kicks rear end is if you play BG1 and finish it, you can import your char into BG2.

I never did that years ago :negative:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

al-azad posted:

If I were to rate the learning gap from 1 to 10 with 1 being easy and 10 being "You'll learn faster by buying the actual pen and paper books"

Neverwinter Nights: 3

I agree with you on this, because it seems that all bioware games get much easier if you are a money whore. I mean, if you get good amount of gold fast from the start, you can pretty much outgear the game. This happened to me on NWN, Mass Effect and Dragon Age (where i pretty much farmed money im not going to lie).

But when it comes to IWD, i have a hard time because im not really familiar with D&D mechanics (i played more other pen&paper games), and i didnt try yet ToEE, wich is of all Gog.com has now, the one that is really tempting me more because of Co8 patch.

I still have to buy BG2, IWD2 and NWN (got retail), but like that japanese crap about weird animals, gotta catch em all :smithicide:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Maybe not a great game, but Hellgate London had a random map generator (at least for some zones i reckon) and it was fully 3d with semi-big open spaces, and lots of lovely subway corridors. Its definately doable if you sacrifice detail or complexity of the enviroment.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dominic White posted:

Where's that Blood enhancement megapack that one guy made a while back? I recall he put together a special launcher for the GOG version that included every major mod and map-pack ever made for the game.

Linking from "The 2.5D FPS Megathread: Guns and Gore and Pixels Galore!"

Thanks Tecman for this awesome pack for Blood: http://blood.nanoaugur.net/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That Rayman game looks awesome :allears:

Btw, i want to play a Might & Magic game, wich one should i go for? M&M 6 and 7 look nice for me and they're perfect for lose time at job with my netbook.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

doctorfrog posted:

Holy poo poo. So good sprite (or sprite-like) animation isn't dead on the corporate level. This looks incredible, eat it Epic Mickey.

Agreed, animations look so fluid and the whole art is colorful and fun that it feels really nice.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

All this waiting is killing me, Lucas Arts or EA would hit my wallet hard, but would be a pleasure :3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

You won't see Gabe Newell dress up like a priest to make penitence for a PR blunder.

Not that mental image :ohdear:

Now serious. Anyone tried Alone in the Dark with windows 7? Im thinking on getting it for my netbook as i have a breakfast tray and is a nice game to play before going to bed (not joking, i already play indie games that way).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

I have 64-bit Windows 7 and the first game as well as Jack in the Dark work great. I'm sure the other games work just as well.

Cheers ty! netbook game incoming :toot:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dominic White posted:

It's just a bunch of all the common mods and their installers that I put together for personal archive purposes, because I'll be damned if I'm going to track them down every time I want to reinstall the game.

Figured I might as well share it, because, hell, why not?

I love you, in a purely gamer way, i have some free days this week and i got the motivation to play it :woop:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There are plenty of good mods for UT2004 for single player aswell (there's a thread on gog.com forums). The comunity for it is still alive, more than UT3 one. The game is a good purchase no matter what, it has a lot of nice modes with its bots, graphic quality is good and runs smooth even on old laptops (my laptop from 2008 runs it on high detail).

I have it retail, on steam and picked it up free from The Witcher 2 preorder, and i dont regret it at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, Half Life 3 and Episode 3 are vaporware while...

Maybe wait a few years to have it on gog.com aswell :dukedog:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Id love to see Raven games on gog.com, it can happen since Activision is already in.

Lucasarts would be awesome as i dont see EA signing up, i really want Outlaws :unsmith:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I hope to god that they don't waste any of the 25 slots on Alice or Undying.

Undying rocks and really needs some fixing for modern computers wich would be awesome. I dont see how it would be a waste really.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh god, not this right now :smithicide:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Healbot posted:

You can create a shortcut like this:

X:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "executable name" /d "Y:\Gamedirectory" /high /affinity 1 "Y:\Gamedirectory\Game.exe"

to permanently have a single CPU work on it.
X being the hd where windows is (duh) and y the one containing the game.

This should be in the OP, is really helpful and made Divine Divinity work properly on my laptop (i used a launcher i found in gog.com forum), but for some reason isnt an issue on my desktop :iiam:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just got Shogo, Descent 1+2 (because of D2X-XL source port, looks awesome) and Die By the Sword. drat you gog for start the summer wallet-ripping before Steam.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

al-azad posted:

I don't know if this was brought up but Bohemia got back the Operation Flashpoint title and are releasing it as ARMA: Cold War Assault to as of now unnamed distributors.

When this did happen? Codemasters released recently another Operation Flashpoint trash game. Do you have a link or something?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Kins posted:

It was announced just last week to celebrate Flashpoint's 10th birthday, along with Arma 2 Free. If you already have a legal Operation Flashpoint CD Key, you can download it NOW from Bohemia's website!

Oh awesome thanks! I do have my old Op Flashpoints CDs and im going to download that thing right now :cheers:

Sankis posted:

They don't have the name Operation Flashpoint but they have the game. Anything Operation Flashpoint titled will still be awful.

Also thank you aswell, I have ARMA II, tho i didnt play it much when it came out because SP bored me and didnt know ppl to play with. And taking the advice that Codemasters will keep making GBS threads the old name :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just found my old discs, i have a Bestsellers from Codemasters (wich is funny). Its Cold War Crisis+Red Hammer+Resistance, so i hope it recognizes my cd key.

Im installing it now and getting the patch, will try and see if this work.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

Just downloaded Cold War Assault and popped my old CD-Key in. Works great! Gonna add this to the OP.

Same, i've been playing for a few hours and works nicely :)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If anyone is still in the fence: SWAT 3 is a fantastic, if not still one of the best tactical shooters you can play. MP is awesome and really worth any cent.

I have it retail and works perfectly under Win 7 64bit, but im getting gog.com version to avoid the bunch of patches it needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

quakster posted:

I've never even seen screenshots of the System Shock games. Deal With It.

System Shock ignorant here too :hfive: