Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
The one thing about GoG is that I have a backlog of games to play, after years of never buying games and during a point in my life where I am losing interest in games. But AoW had to be bought... throw in the expansion, sure.

Now this sale where I have to buy Redneck Rampage for the severe nostalgia value. All three of the Fallout games, because why not? Then Sacrifice for good measure. Add another five games to the list of games I may never finish. Why can I not be a lifeless teenager right now? It's so unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011

Badguy posted:

More importantly Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is 50% off for one day only. My favourite fighting game series, so drat good. No online play in this version unfortunately, but it is really easy to mod the soundtrack to your liking. Not that you'll want to cause the OST rawks (and is also included as a bonus).

Grabbed this. I have no idea about the series or anything but it looks drat good and I haven't played a PC fighting game since OMF 2097. This is either going to cure my withdrawals or send me out of my mind. But for the price I cannot complain at all, however it plays out.

Netcode, oh well. I hope hotseat is doable with this title, for the one or two friends I have who won't mock me relentlessly for having some perverse Japanese game and wanting to play it against them at 3 in the morning.

(Oh and logging in to find I did in fact grab Empire Earth while it was free is icing on the cake. Albeit I have no intention of ever playing that game again.)

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
I have AOW1 and Shadow Magic but I am really tempted to get AOW2 just for the sense of progression. That said I have to admit I also love AOW1 beyond all others, and it is to me quite possibly even better than HoMM2/3. Figuring these games out and eventually mastering them is pretty drat rewarding, because they don't really ever take pity and hold your hand. Such epic battles.

I just wish I'd waited to buy the series until this weekend. I would've had my fix of turn-based fantasy crack for next to nothing.

(Also, regarding thread title... is Anachronox actually going to be released? I remember the demo fondly and wouldn't mind a second chance at playing it.)

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

I know everyone's talking about Thief and Deus Ex since those are obvious picks, but you should take the occasion to consider Anachronox at $2.39 -- it's worth your time.

If this game doesn't correct my lack of faith about computer games I'm going to have to get a life. At that price it's a chance I have to take. This sale, man... if I didn't own all other games I wanted already, it would be early Christmas.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
So I tried buying Sim City 2000 this past weekend, because for 2 dollars it is irresistible and I can't find my Sim City 3000 disc. Newest SimCity is obviously a debacle, and I want the old experience. I jump for the deal, of course. The payment doesn't go through... so I am a bit downcast and wonder if my card's been messed with in some way, but I'm pretty certain it's a server issue so whatever, no harm done, but I don't get a critical dose of nostalgia.

Of course, Gog.com later emails me about that failed transaction and offers me a redeemable code so I can buy Sim City 2000 at sale price. Obviously it's quite a bald way to get a sale, but even so, I think it's cool of a vendor to be aboveboard and admit they screwed up and then offer the deal anyway. Definitely feeling pro-GOG today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
Just got AOW3 and the DLC for what used to be the discounted price of the base game itself. Finally. Probably would have been more psyched 8 years ago, but it's still a win.