Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's a fun game. Yes, you can roll around on catering carts.

It looks like this wasn't outsourced but rather done internally at Warner Bros, which is unusual - I would've expected this to be an Iron Galaxy or Night Dive thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I see it too. It's like classic backlight bleeding.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ScummVM received support for it this year, so...

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

In other news, GOG has added some new Sierra games: Shivers 2: Harvest of Souls, and Outpost 2: Divided Destiny.

Shivers 1 uses ScummVM but the sequel doesn't (in fact, ScummVM doesn't even support it). I wouldn't expect the original Win 95 version to play well with modern systems but I guess GOG solved it?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

This is from five days ago: Cyberpunk 2077 Debacle Costs Founders $1 Billion of Wealth

quote:

Analysts vary on their assessment of long-lasting consequences for the studio, which is relying heavily on the new title. They agree that the pace of fixing bugs will be crucial for revenue, even as opinions about the PC version look much better. The average forecast for 12-month sales fell to 25.6 million copies from almost 30 million copies expected before the Dec. 10 release, based on nine refreshed estimates collected by Bloomberg News. The stock stopped its free-fall on Tuesday, rising 2.5% at 2:02 p.m. in Warsaw.

Those estimates were adjusted after the poor reception of the console versions and when the bug reports reached critical mass, but before Sony kneecapped CDPR with the delisting and the news of that went mainstream - they'd probably be even lower now.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, that has been part of the plan for a while.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1169158024482762761

"This project is utterly hosed in all directions" might now be starting to come into focus.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I never bothered to check Cyberpunk's price on GOG until now. $72.93, which appears to be a conversion of the €59.99 price tag.

Why is GOG doing regional pricing for a game they're self-publishing? The explanation on the Fair Price Package support article is this:

quote:

Regional pricing is introduced at the request of the company on behalf of which we are selling the game, but we do our best to go the extra mile and make it right for everyone.

I know they discontinued their fair pricing plan last year, but... they are the publisher. Why do I see a $70.99 price when I'm logged out and a $72.93 one when I'm logged in? Super weird.

Meanwhile, Steam is $59.99.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

First result on Aliexpress. I think we can all agree, this is both very cyber and punk.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

If you don't play online with Hitman 2016 you're getting a very basic version of the game. No unlocks or mission mastery progression, which is a big reason why the game is so good. It's just not a good fit for the store, given their policies.

Remember when GOG rolled out FCK DRM a few years ago?

https://www.gog.com/news/the_fck_drm_initiative

GOG posted:

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The URL for that now just redirects to the front page (archived here) and fckdrm.com is also gone (archived here) - their contact email was iwantto@fckdrm.com.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

GOG.com listing posted:

This title features mature content that may not be suitable for all all audiences, including fictional depictions of graphic violence, polygamy, drug use, hypnotism, assault, and incest; both consensual and non-consensual graphic sexual scenes between adults featuring men and women, women with other women, multiple partners, machines, and fictional creatures.

:ohno:

Evenicle has been on Steam for over 3 years, same above disclaimer over there.

From a Steam user review I found:

quote:

One of the core 'rules' of the world is that anyone who kills or has sex with more than one person gets a black ring on their finger and is branded an outlaw. As an outlaw you can't have children, you can't harvest or cook food, and anything you try to 'gather' will produce nothing. Naturally, outlaws make up the majority of the villain’s foot soldiers, but the world quickly shows the 'flaw' in this outlaw rule right at the start when an outlaw gang kidnaps a village girl, drugs and rapes her, forcing a black ring on her finger before Aster manages to save her.

There's more that I won't quote... this game apparently has tons of rape scenes and other extremely brutal imagery. But wait, it's 35% off if you act right now!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

GOG posts a news article to announce the store's latest addition: They've added a 'Good Old Game' filtering tag.

https://www.gog.com/news/gog_2022_update_3_the_future_that_comes_from_the_past

https://www.gog.com/en/games?tags=good-old-game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Crowdfunded game by a creative team of two brothers, they also made Beautiful Desolation, another isometric 2D game.

Sanitarium was one of their inspirations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I want to say that was Jack Keane. May be wrong though.
Close, Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcI_S6Lasr0