Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jesus, I'm saving 85 bucks buying that D&D bundle. Mostly buying it to replace my copies of Icewind Dale II, Planecape Torment and to get my hands on Temple of Elemental Evil.
For those on the fence, this pack contains two of the greatest CRPGs of all time and another three or four of the games are seen as being pretty good.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sonel posted:

Is demon stone or dragonshard any good? I have all the other games except planescape, but wasn't sure if I should add those two with it.

Demon Stone isn't terrible. It isn't amazing either but it's a fun enough mid 2000's hack n' slash. I'm now kinda wishing that the D&D arcade games were ported already so they could possibly be in this deal.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ABen posted:

Is it necessary to play through OC before starting Mask of the Betrayer? I always get bogged down in the original, forget what I'm doing, and then start over.

I'll end up buying the whole pack anyways, just want to know where to start.

You can go straight into Mask of the Betrayer but it's a direct sequel to the OC. It's literally what happens a couple of months after poo poo went down at the end.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

WASDF posted:

Guess its just Windows 8 :/

That's your problem. I doubt that any game on gog would be optimised to run well on Windows 7.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

andrew smash posted:

Is this a typo? Isn't win7 the default OS for them at this point?

Yes it was. I meant to say Windows 8 as it seems to be a crap shoot in regards to which games are compatible with 8 and which ones aren't.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bovineicide posted:

Does anyone actually have an honest to god trip report on Slender, though? I thought the freeware game was kinda dumb, but they had me at Victor Surge being involved. I liked Marble Hornets for a while, too v:v:v

edit: gently caress, it's at two stars on GoG. Same as Master of Orion 3 :stare:

I certainly wouldn't drop more than a couple of bucks on a game that's maybe an hour long but this is pretty viscous. Maybe the lovefest is gone for these types of horror games.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BadAstronaut posted:

Is Guilty Gear worth getting if I have almost every Street Fighter game, the latest Mortal Kombat, some Darkstalkers titles and Marvel vs Capcom 3? I like my fighting games but dunno if learning an entire new roster and playing an older game is going to bring anything new or satisfactorily different? Anyone?

Guilty Gear XX is pretty old these days but the PC version is a pretty competent port. The GOG release comes with the soundtrack as a download so it's worth it just for that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Just dropped about 40 bucks on 11 games. gently caress it, I didn't even want that money.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Luisfe posted:

One of the mods is Saerileth. No big loss there.

What a shame. That's some "quality" characterization that you're missing out on.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Google search says.... I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

I am quite alright with this. I was never able to find a copy of it and haven't really cared enough to look in depth for it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Activision Weekend.

http://www.gog.com/promo/activision_weekend_promo_081113

Need some help on choices. I'm grabbing Space Quest 4-6 and maybe Swat 3. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Thought I should add that I have Arcana & the Krondor pack.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 8, 2013

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So Carmageddon. How well does it hold up?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dr. Sneer Gory posted:

Anyone here tried Sang-Froid? It looks interesting, but also potentially kind of incoherent.

Bad voice acting, sometimes buggy but ultimately a pretty fun Tower Defense-Action hybrid. It's sort of similar to Orcs must Die.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Holy poo poo, I Have No Mouth for a $1.20? gently caress that's less than what I spend on a bottle of tomato paste.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

graventy posted:

I own a game in one of those packs, but I kind of want the whole thing. Is it possible to get a gift copy of the one game out of it? If I buy the whole pack as a gift do I get gift codes for each one?

If you buy a pack which you already have a game in then you get the other games at the whole pack discount. You don't get a gift copy of one.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So I'm pretty bad at Covert Action but I'm still finding it really fun. Why is this ignored in comparision to the other Sid Meier games?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.gog.com/game/monster_bash

loving yes. I played this recently and it's still a bunch of fun.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Today's release is unexpectedly not Nitemare 3-D, but instead 1994's Mario Kart clone Wacky Wheels ($6).

Linux compatible, too, seems like they are finally pushing those out there.

Oh my god, so happy to see this get released. This used to be my poo poo back in the day.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Does Wacky Wheels still hold up? I remember loving the poo poo out of it when I was a kid, but I just want to be sure it hasn't aged bad before buying it.

I'd say that it still does hold up. It's missing some quality of life stuff in modern kart racers like powersliding but it's still pretty fun.

The Kins posted:

New releases are Hogs of War which is basically Worms except with PS1-era 3D and Rik Mayal shouting over the top, and QUBE: We're Honestly Surprised That This Hasn't Been In A Humble Bundle Yet Edition.

Oh my god, I'm so happy to see Hogs of War on here. I used to play it all the time on my PS1 but the disk broke. The jokes are a little bit stereotypical but Rik Mayall is just fantastic in it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.gog.com/promo/6th_birthday_promo_year_three_100914

Year three now

Standouts include

Age of Wonders, Witcher 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, Alpha Centauri, Rollercoast Tycoon and the Rayman games.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.gog.com/promo/6th_birthday_promo_year_four_110914

Year four now. It's got King of Dragon Pass, Thief Gold and Deus Ex. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Well, through the mutator thing I am a proud owner of something called REX NEBULAR AND THE COSMIC GENDER BENDER. Also Hotline Miami but I already have that on steam.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Agarest is not good or entertaining enough to be fun and it's not bad or train wrecky enough to be amusing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Which of the X-Wing games are the best?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I've not heard of Rebellion before. What's its deal?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Star Wars Starfighter, Republic Commando & Jedi Knight are the new games on GOG. Pretty disappointing since none of them are new to digital distribution.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

God drat Tie Fighter went quickly. I was able to get a copy of it though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Uru and Heretic Kingdoms are just flying off the shelves. It's like Jack Keane all over again.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sea Dogs is on GOG now. Apparently that's pretty fun.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Aight, can any goons who played the PSP release tell me if Elminage Gothic is any good?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Kins posted:

Fun bit of trivia from a recent Retro Gamer interview: Apparently Lucasarts themselves had to deal with seemingly random unexplained denials from the licensing department, despite, you know, being part of Lucasfilm. Apparently the Jedi Knight expansion pack's dev team figured out the clever trick of proposing something crazy that will never get through alongside your real idea, in order to make it more palatable in comparison. :v:

Isn't that what Matt Stone & Trey Parker do with South Park when it comes to censors?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Man, the original Gex is still a pretty fun game but goddamn is he incapable of shutting the gently caress up for a moment.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mortimer posted:

How are sim city codes being taken?

You know you have to spend a grand total of $1 USD to get it for free right?

Yep, then click on the tracker and there is a thing underneath the eligible game that you can click.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Worms World Party coming to GOG. Second best one after Armageddon.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Awesome news, the original PC version of Grandia II was all sorts of busted.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Commander Keenan posted:

Major release coming to GOG in 10 minutes!

Major releases.

It's a bunch of the old D&D games released in three packs. First one contains the Eye of the Beholder series, second one has a bunch of the gold box RPGs and the third one has Menzobarren and Dungeon Hack.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

First: Does this include all the Gold Box games, or are any missing?

Second: I thought those games were tangled up in rights issues because Atari holds sole publishing rights to D&D until 2017 unless they renew them.

It's missing the Dragonlance games and a couple of non-D&D games.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

Dragonlance was a different setting to Forgotten Realms so there might still be hope for it, and for the later Dark Sun and Ravenloft games.

Here's a list of SSI wishlist links.

Yeah, it looks like this might be in waves or they were just able to get the rights to the Forgotten Realms games.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

If Wizards of the Coast only let them have one setting and not trhe others then that's insane. Also, a GOG.com team member hinted that that's not the case.

Based on what that one staff member said, it sounds like they're releasing them in waves instead of being one gigantic release.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm just so glad the Gold Box games are out there where you can buy them legitimately. So many dodgy copies floating around out there.

Only just finished Curse of the Azure Bonds for the first time ever the other day. That last dungeon/area was a load of bullshit let me tell you.

I've already bought the second pack. I never played Treasures of the Savage Frontier, any of the pool of radiance games past the original and I haven't even had a chance to try out Hillsfar. My dad used to have Unlimited Adventures, the first two Eye of the Beholder games and a couple of the gold box rpgs so this is a massive blast of nostalgia for me since I grew up playing the ones he had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

I'm going to try to write a list of all un-GOGged SSI D&D games. Tell me if I've missed any.

DRAGONLANCE:
Heroes of the Lance trilogy
War of the Lance
Dragonstrike

DARK SUN:
Shattered Lance
Wake of the Ravager

RAVENLOFT:
Strahd's Possession
Curse of the Prophet

OTHERS:
Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse